Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OSI customer care?

Options
  • 29-08-2000 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Ultima has gone to directX7 in order to fix a bug with mage hats.

Unfortunately, DirectX 7 is not available for windows NT (and doesn't look like it will be available).

If you're playing from an NT machine or if you don't upgrade to DirectX 7, you won't get any sound in UO.

OSI's response to complaints?

we only support win95/98, either upgrade or play in silence. Otherwise, tough.

damn! there goes my UO from work frown.gif <sniff!> bye bye super fast line, I'm off to use my 56k modem frown.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Tough.If you read this board for the last year you would be aware of the total lack of respect that OSI has for it customers.OSI does not give a monkeys as ppl will put up with so much crap and still keep playing.Wait till they nerf a year and a bits worth of character building then come cry on this board for sympaty.

Untill then,quit UO or quit crying about how nasty those bad OSI men are :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

yes they just keep getting better and better.

- Volunteers no longer get free accounts (so they are expected to work at least 6 hours fix schedule a week and hand in timesheets and pay $10 for the privilage).

- Vet's presents delayed. (Long term characters were supposed to get special gifts)

- Factions??? WhereTF is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Ahh its good to be able to sit here saying I told u so smile.gif

Now is gambler ever going to do that Ultima Online Server ehh ehhh

Wipe those tears from your eyes and throw away that mage hat.

Seems enough people justified a revert!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

HeHe, I will have the UO Shard ready for testing as soon as I get the files I need from Jag..... Unless anyone else has some they wanna give me?

• Advertisement

What files do you need ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

He has a copy of a ready-to-go Shard which I was going to use the test what sort of strain it puts on the server. If not I will just have to use the basics to set it up..

Sphere has a load of ready to go shards, plus if you have a few GM's they can walk about seeding areas, as they open them.

I'd just start a server with say moon and maybe another island setup and accessable to start with. You can then just open up the other islands and land mass as required.

Well afair, Jag was saying the Shard had a load of quests and other junk done up as well as the fact it works. Not sure if Jag reads this board often. He tends to float around on the Netshop CS boards, so ask him there.

Advertisement