Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test Today : any pointers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Yeah how does that work - do I have to wait until my license arrives in the post or is the thing your man gave me yesterday enough?
    I remember bringing my licence to get copied. The thing you refer to is a certificate of competency which is not recognized by the insurance company. It doesn't show endorsements, etc.
    Get your provisional in the post or yourself down to the motor tax office ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As someone who passed thier test when cars were still steam-powered I wonder if I could do it today.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

a_ominous wrote:
    I remember bringing my licence to get copied. The thing you refer to is a certificate of competency which is not recognized by the insurance company. It doesn't show endorsements, etc.
    Get your provisional in the post or yourself down to the motor tax office ASAP

Thanks for the info - will do.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'm with AXA, I was while I was a prov driver, and when I passed the test they told me to bring in (or post in) the cert, and they'd give me the discount/money (well, they posted a cheque out).

Ring your insurance company, they'll be able to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

ravenhead wrote:
    but I have to say that only for me instrutor being a complete bit@h & really getting me to do the work I wouldn't have passed - best €150 I ever spent!!!!

are you in mayo? i know one hell of a bitch who's a driving instructor - she has very high pass rates :D !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

muffinhead wrote:
    are you in mayo? i know one hell of a bitch who's a driving instructor - she has very high pass rates :D !

No tipp - she was a brill though, well worth the grief

Advertisement