Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this normal for an amd 64?

Options
  • 06-09-2004 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

got a new laptop with an amd 64 3200+

but in the device manager its reading as "Amd Athlon 64 processor 3200+ 637mhz"

is this normal for the 637mhz to show up on an amd64 ? the reason im asking is bacause i have a xp3000 on my desktop which shows a much higher rating in the device manager than the amd64 on my laptop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

It's going to, as the laptop processor has speed throttling capabilities which will slow down the CPU when it's not very busy, to conserve battery power. If you stress the computer (by running something CPU-intensive on it) that number will climb a LOT :D

Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yep it's fine, it's called Cool and Quiet the Mhz go down when you are not using the chip that much and go back up when they are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Wasn't that what I said? :confused:
    Gadget

Advertisement