Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside - Who's still playing ?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

A month on...

Anyone still playing?
    Any developments with BFR's.
    What do ye think now?
    Any other changes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I'm playing WoW. :)

Teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Still playing. The BFRs are getting nerfed basically every release which is nice. The BFR zerg (note: not all bfrs, on their own or in small groups they're easy to kill) is quite possibly the worst thing to have happened to this game, but it looks like they're taking steps to solve it. We shall see.

*cough* *cough*

Told you so...
    What steps have they taken to nerf them?
    Must say I'm intrigued now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Yeah I must take a look.. I was still playing and kicking ass in my Eclipse after the 3rd round of nerfs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The shield recharge rate is the main thing being hammered down. I think they're going in the right direction with that. One av infantry weapon is now enough to keep the shield from recharging.. anything more starts to beat it down. They've also enhanced medium assault weapons against them (and they go through the shields directly to the armor like all small arms/base turrets).

They're also looking at acquisition etc with the end purpose of making them far rarer. They want them to end up being mobile heavy weapons platforms that are just as susceptable to attack as any other vehicle in the end, which is something I'd agree with. The weapons aren't the problem, it's the bastard shield.

As I said, we'll see how they continue.

As I said before, reeks of SWG.
    Here, the most uber-powerful thing in the game, but we're gonna make it 'rare'.
    Oooh, now we're gonna nerf it so no-one wants to use it. Ah, oops, now it sucks.
    At last, balance is restored to the force.

They should have just left well alone, or at the very least thought it out better and carried out some more testing before implementing it.

As for a single "AV infantry weapon being enough to keep the shield recharging", well thats just nuts...

Still, only time will tell.

Advertisement