Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Exchanges 06/09/04

• 06-09-2004 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭

Castlerea,
    Donabate,
    Enfield,
    Rathoath.

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

gomb&#237 wrote: »
    Castlerea,
    Rathoath.

Regards.

that'll please a few of me neighbours!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Donabate ?

Just rang mate of mine who lives in Donabate who has been badgering Eircom for broadband for months to tell him the good news.

He tells me he made on of his daily enquirey calls to eircom at 4 this afternoon and was told it wouldn,t be available until November. I assume the info here is correct and it just hasn't filtered down to the coal face yet. Would I be right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im also wondering about Ratoath, I phoned my m8s to tell them that Ratoath is now bb enabled but none of their numbers pass the line test and one of them lives next door to the exchange, we checked a few other numbers located around the centre of Ratoath and none of them pass either. Has anyone here had any success in getting a Ratoath number to pass the online test? Ratoath is not listed on eircoms website as upgraded yet either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

gombín,

Just regarding Enfield, Census 2002 says Enfield has a population of 1072 so therefore would not have made the original list of towns over 1500 in population.

Was it added to the roll-out programme because it hit its trigger level or do you know if it was for other reasons?

Kind regards,

Viking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't think the ISPs get an updated database of dsl enabled lines until around the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Muppet,

They're just finishing off the line testing in the area. Exchange work is all done.

Regards.
    The Muppet wrote:
    Donabate ?

Just rang mate of mine who lives in Donabate who has been badgering Eircom for broadband for months to tell him the good news.

He tells me he made on of his daily enquirey calls to eircom at 4 this afternoon and was told it wouldn,t be available until November. I assume the info here is correct and it just hasn't filtered down to the coal face yet. Would I be right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Viking,

1700 lines in the exchange. Close to the ATM Ring, thanks to HP, Intel etc.

Regards.
    viking wrote:
    gombín,

Just regarding Enfield, Census 2002 says Enfield has a population of 1072 so therefore would not have made the original list of towns over 1500 in population.

Was it added to the roll-out programme because it hit its trigger level or do you know if it was for other reasons?

Kind regards,

Viking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

1700 lines in the exchange. Close to the ATM Ring, thanks to HP, Intel etc.
    Thanks for that.

Just out of curiousity, have you got a total for the number of lines in the Kinnegad exchange?

Many thanks,

Viking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Muppet,

They're just finishing off the line testing in the area. Exchange work is all done.

Regards.

Thanks Gombin

I'll pass that info on.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Scenic911

Hi Gombin,

I live in Enfield yet my line does not pass. Yet other estates around mine does. What gives??

Scenic :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement