Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of starting UO

Options
  • 31-08-2000 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of starting to play UO but i'm just wondering how much does it cost for the game? I heard you have to pay an annual fee is that true? How long would you spend playing it normally?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Personally I would advise you to to just take your wallet, remove the money in it plus all credit cards and just drop them down the nearest drain. You'll get more pleasure taht way.

Take a look at the B I T C H I N G and moaning from about 4 months ago.

And keep in mind I was a big huge massive fan of this game.

A better idea would be to hassle Gambler to get his free UO server setup.

[This message has been edited by Rev Hellfire (edited 31-08-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

or to break the habit of a life time and actually try to be helpful.

I would suggest you look at EverQuest and maybe Terminus.

Everquest is about $10 a month, and Terminus is free, after u buy it ofcourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

UO - Fantasy game, it's isometric view (at an angle overhead). The game mechanics basically mean a total beginner can go pretty much anywhere (might not live long though without help).

EQ - 3D fantasy game. The game mechanics mean you have to quest with the same level characters as you. This means if your friends go ahead 5 levels you can say goodbye until you get there.

Terminus - Multiplayer Elite type space game. It's free to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

I was staring blankly at a box of EQ on my recent trip to the capital and scared myself by actually considering buying it just before the school year begins. From some of the horror stories I have heard, you would be well advised to avoid any mmorpg.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , " My son , sometimes you talk a lot of ****. Knock it off." Before I could speak in walks Christopher Lloyd with a time machine under his arm and just then...it started to get weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

thanks rev biggrin.gif
    /me goes of to pester gambler
    btw whats the difference between them all like everquest, Ultima online and Terminus

[This message has been edited by [SdS]Gandalf[SdS] (edited 31-08-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

hehe, I have the files for the Server (Thanks Jag!!) now all I need to do is get a CD so I can get the Map files... Getting the CD Sometime b4 monday (Hopefully) so I will try to have a test night sometime during the week...

Advertisement