Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

motor bike shops

Options
  • 06-09-2004 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

hi there,

can anyone recommend any good motor bike shops? I am looking for a second hand bike and dont want to spend more than 1.5k tops. i want to keep in in category 2 for insurance purposes. I am starting to look this week so if you know of anywhere good and are helpful with first time bikers please pass on the info :D .

or if you are selling a bike let me know also.

thanks fellas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

What area?

I heartily recommend these guys: http://www.redlinemotorcycles.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭tdvit

thanks krusty. anywhere in dublin really.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

From an earlier post, he's in Lucan.
    Try Cotters near the Red Cow Hotel. If you're going on Saturday, do it before 2pm. Seems to only do half days on Saturdays. Give 'em a call first to confirm.

JP Motorcycles on Pearse Street (I've bought both my bikes here. They're grand).
    Premier Motorcycles in Inchicore.
    Inchicore Motorcycles in Inchicore (!) right opposite Premier.

Bikeworld on the Long Mile Road is great to get a look at lots of bikes.

Lucan Motocycles is small and they tend not to open quite on time. But might be a useful starting point.

There is another few of bike shops near Connolly Station (one up at the Five Lamps). I found getting the Buy and Sell gave me an idea of prices and models so I was a bit better informed walking around a bunch of places.

Don't buy the first bike you see. Get a second opinion. Bike should also come with a 3 month warranty from a shop. Unless it's dirt cheap.

Advertisement