Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB Sales people

• 06-09-2004 11:36am

I hope I'm posting in an appropiate forum but does anyone know of any system in place whereby I can complain about Eircom BB sales people?

I'm in Limerick and had a particularly annoying small bald-headed chap (I call him my chrome-dome gnome) at my door.

Basically where I live the houses are quite close together and he was practically shouting out how much I was spending on dial-up and asking me lots of invasive questions.

Worst of all I just couldn't shake him...are you required to be rude to these people to get the message through...

I was left quite upset by it....anyone have any similar experiences? Can I complain him?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Worst of all I just couldn't shake him...are you required to be rude to these people to get the message through...

Coudn't get rid of em eh?
    Just tell him to f*ck off!
    Be rude, if he won't feck off and you don't want to talk to him be rude siimple as that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

"no thanks" <close door>

Yeah but at this stage he had kind of reeled me in....He started off asking me lots of questions and giving the impression he was on serious business from Eircom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Worst of all I just couldn't shake him...are you required to be rude to these people to get the message through...?
    Do you have a video camera? Bring it out to the doorstep and tell him you want to record the conversation "for your records".

You won't see him for the dust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

I have the same problem with the damn christians...

I've taken to hiding behind the couch when they call...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

If he shouted out private data about you then go to bobby.hannon@comreg.ie about it , otherwise he is simply another pushy door to door salesman so simply tell him to **** off .

M

I would have told him to get lost but I was unprepared for him.

I've never had that kind of sales before at the front door (except for lines and things)....

I'm quite used to dealing with telemarketers and was one myself.....I'm no shrinking violet...thats the worst thing...I let myself down.

If he ever calls again... :mad:

Advertisement