Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex

Options
  • 08-08-2000 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

In case you havent seen the thread about this in Games, go and buy it now. Best PC game since Halflife in my humble (but correct) opinion.

Not an fps in a kill'em all and let God sort em out kind of way, does have plenty of action, but lots of puzzling and multiple ways to do each mission. All guns blazing or nice and stealthy. Weapons are great too.

Apparently it also has about six different endings, and there are some major branch points in the plot which alter it somewhat. Havent reach the end yet mind you smile.gif still in Hong Kong, but damn I wish I had a save slot back on that 747 smile.gif

oh well will just have to replay on a higher difficulty i suppose..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

hehe, I loved that bit in the 747 , glad I saved it there though tongue.gif , poor old ann had to bit the bullet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Bullitt

Well Castor i took your advise and bought it probably a bad idea cause if its as good as you say i wont be able to pull myself away from it, which i will need to do as i got some exams coming up. doh

Bullitt
    "I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I
    just squandered" - George Best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Just finished it and can definitely say it was the best game I've played in about two years. If you like the System Shock series this will certainly be right up your street.

And now with Warren Spector designing Thief 3 mmmmmmmm.... smile.gif

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Not to mention that a bunch of the ex-looking glass guys he hired recently are going to be in command of Deus Ex 2, which has also been annnounced.
    If only WS could fire Romero before he drives Ion Storm into the ground, the future of great games would be secured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Why should I have saved in the 747?
    I killed the bloke and I'm now in Hong Kong after meeting with Tong.

By the way, I've got some cheats for this, so if your not a filthy cheater look away now.

Go to the user.ini file in the deusex/system folder. Where it says t= , type in talk
    that should read t=talk .
    Now; when your playing, press T.
    say will come up in the bottom left of your screen. For any of the following to work you must delete this, and when your finished hit enter.
    to turn on the cheat menu press;

set DeusEx.JCDentonMale bCheatsEnabled True

now just type in the following to activate the cheats:
    god -god mode
    invisibility true/false -invisibility on/off
    fly/walk -fly mode on/off (this rocks)
    iamwarren -emp field
    allskillpoints
    allweapons
    allammo
    allaugs
    allhealth
    allenergy
    allcredits
    allimages
    tantalus -kill current target
    opensesame -open targeted door
    legend -secret menu

I've got a few more but these are the best.
    Any queries contact me.
    also if you find out what the legend menu does drop me a line.

• Advertisement

More cheats;
    ivisible true/false
    summon */spanmass * # -create/create no. of;
    Lockpick
    Multitool
    AcousticSensor
    Weaponmodaccuracy
    " " clip
    " " laser
    " " range
    " " recoil
    " " scope
    " " silencer
    " " reload

View the movies. Type:
    Open 00_Intrro
    " 99_Endgame1
    " " " 2
    " " " 3
    " " " 4

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

why oh why oh why in the name of all things bright and obuntiful would you want o cheat?

i can actually understand someone cheating in say...quake 3 arena. anything to finish the game and never play it again, but deus ex?
    why would you ruin the game? theres so much more you can go and do when youve finished it!

I didn't cheat and I just finished it on realistic so go to hell. mad.gif

Advertisement