Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neocron2 Open Beta starts today (free to everyone)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

more like Neocron 1.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Was going to try it till I seen the filesize, jeebus. Will wait for a CD-Cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

more like Neocron 1.2

Ahh great, so you have played the Beta so far Batbat? Seeing as its open you can give comments on how it is now.. or are you talking out of your a$$?

Hobbes wrote:
    Ahh great, so you have played the Beta so far Batbat? Seeing as its open you can give comments on how it is now.. or are you talking out of your a$$?

I can see ive touched a nerve with the fanboys

I was reading about it, my point is it looks very similar to 1 on the GFX front, when i see features like "improved chat interface" you have to wonder if theyre out of ideas, but Ill reserve judgement until i play it, please god no more sewer bug hunts

is that clear enough for the fanboys?

Batbat wrote:
    I was reading about it, my point is it looks very similar to 1 on the GFX front

Not a fanboi. But your clearly basing your points of view of not actually playing the game.

NC1 was written with DX7, NC2 DX9.

So no graphically wise, they are not the same.
    please god no more sewer bug hunts

Which makes me wonder how long you even played NC1? Only noobs go sewer hunting.

• Advertisement

Hobbes wrote:
    Not a fanboi. But your clearly basing your points of view of not actually playing the game.

NC1 was written with DX7, NC2 DX9.

So no graphically wise, they are not the same.

yes true but the new features dont blow me away, Im just not sure its different enough to be an actual sequel, however I hope it is good I need something to tide me over till WoW, you might want to give AO a look if, with the expansions it has become highly regarded, I have not played it since its bugged release. I take your point however its not fair to comment unless a person has actually played it.

Hobbes wrote:

Which makes me wonder how long you even played NC1? Only noobs go sewer hunting.

I played in beta, also regarding DX 9, EQ engine has been upgraded to DX9 , that does not mean its a sequel or that it has hugely better GFX

NC beta is no where anywhere like NC as it is now. If you have only played since then, it will be a learning curve. In fact there have been over 30 extra zones added to NC1 since beta (at least).
    I played in beta, also regarding DX 9, EQ engine has been upgraded to DX9 , that does not mean its a sequel or that it has hugely better GFX

And you were only pointing out one part of NC2.

Hobbes wrote:
    NC beta is no where anywhere like NC as it is now. If you have only played since then, it will be a learning curve. In fact there have been over 30 extra zones added to NC1 since beta (at least).

And you were only pointing out one part of NC2.

yes true I heard some good things about NC 1 after it matured, especially the pvp, if you get a chance to play NC2 post some updates I would be very interested, I will post any feedback once Ive downloaded it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

Hobbes, lighten up.. hes judging your favourite game, not your overweight children. (THATS AN EXAMPLE BY THE WAY!)

I have to agree, doesn't look much different..

• Advertisement
Advertisement