Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea for next months PayDay Monday... team event?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

For once I agree with DeV :D

Teams can't be random, it has to be a well thought out team, in order to capitalise on strengths and weaknesses..

You need one rock, cautious but reliable...

A calculator, constantly working on the odds, takes chances but only when the math backs him up...

The loose canon, takes chances and risks, but amasses a huge stack if successful and is hard to dislodge...

The fourth player can be any of the three or maybe that elusive combination player who switches gear with ease...

add in a run of luck and you're away...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Just realised ill be away with work that whole week so theres a position available on the dream team,
    think the waiting list is

Krusty
    Musician
    La Fortezza

You have a couple of weeks to prove yourselves worthy of being on Marqs team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

bohsman wrote:
    Just realised ill be away with work that whole week so theres a position available on the dream team,

Just as well you put that get-out clause in the contract oscar, or it would be costing you big money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Brian "Musician" O'Connell has been announced as the latest addition to the Dream Team, following the unavailability of Oscar "Bohsman" for next month's fast approaching Monday Payday event. Team captain Marq O'Neill said be was pleased with his new signing, and confident that the Dream Team would make the money on October 4th. Asked whether he thought any of the other teams posed a serious threat, he bluntly replied "Em, No. Not Really" Of the other teams, insiders feel that "Three Kings with an Amp Kicker" have a solid line-up on paper, but that Amp's affection for 72o and Ken Cleary's inability to stop himself from betting despite the fact that he has none of it could damage the chances of a team that also features the granite-like play of Karlh and Spiritus. It is widely felt however that if the flop comes 7-7-2 and amp is at the table, most other teams won't have a chance, such is his crushing, killing and destroying way with a big stack.

Speculation still continues on the murky secret that is Team Suited Aces' line-up, though given that Musician (a Suited Aces man himself) has defected to the Dream Team, the rumours point to team featuring Chris "Hyzepher" Griffin, Tom "DeVore" Murphy, Luke "Lafortezza" Brady and Rossa "Dappergent" Garvey. With a strong line-up of Gerire, MrPudding and Decker also to choose from, it's guaranteed that the Suited Aces team will be a hard-to-beat contender, despite being full of muppets.

Filthy Gringo Juan Pablo has also vowed to assemble a team, though this reporter has heard nothing further as of yet beyond the unconfirmed rumour that he plans to play four stacks blind and hope for the best. More power to him.

Of Oscar's postion on the Dream Team Marq had this to say: "If Bohsman wants to come back, we'll welcome him with open arms, and we look forward to using a revolving substitution system month by month that will allow for the flexibility a winning poker side needs. Oscar's more than welcome to keep a financial interest in the squad, and we look forward to welcoming him back into the fold in November."

"Who'll have to go?"

"Biteme obviously. nobody likes him"

Of course.

Musician makes his first appearence for the Dream Team next month. More news as it happens.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I actually lol-ed.

Muso, you TURNCOAT!!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

Marq wrote:
    "Who'll have to go?"

"Biteme obviously. nobody likes him"

Of course.

always nice to see a strong team spirit.

biteme, looking forward to finishing first with the rest of the dream team following in closely behind in 2nd , 3rd and 4th :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

When questioned Brian "Musician" O'Connell refused to comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

personally I refuse to partake in what is essentially a popularity contest...

schoolground football anyone, me and DeV will be captains and the rest line up against the wall, last to get picked goes in net, sorry Luke...

[size=-8]unless of course somebody picks me for their team then I'll be there in a shot..:D[/size]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Marq wrote:
    Filthy Gringo Juan Pablo has also vowed to assemble a team, though this reporter has heard nothing further as of yet beyond the unconfirmed rumour that he plans to play four stacks blind and hope for the best. More power to him.

My lineup is as follows:

angel.jpg
    question-mark.gif
    question-mark.gif
    question-mark.gif

Beware the mystery poker players!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Spiritus wrote:
    A - Amp
    K - Karlh
    K - KenCleary
    K - Spiritus

Three Kings...with an Amp kicker.

While my fantastically large ego digs being in the team name I think the official name of our team should be Three Kings, it's a good name and has both religious references and was a good film starring George Clooney. Plus it'll mess with peoples heads (but there's four of them and it's called Three Kings, I don't understand... ALL IN!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Juan Pablo wrote:
    angel.jpg
    The resemblance really is quite uncanny.

Advertisement