Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freeview in Booterstown

• 06-09-2004 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anyone know if Freeview can be picked up in Booterstown. I've got a relatively clear line of sight out to sea. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

magnus,where do you get your terrestial tv signal from?If it is from Kilkeel you have no hope,if it is from Wales as far as I know Freeview can only be picked up from Wexford up as far as Arklow on a very good day when the sea is nearly flat calm.

SPAWKER wrote:
    as far as I know Freeview can only be picked up from Wexford up as far as Arklow on a very good day when the sea is nearly flat calm.
    Ah it's more reliable than that.
    Averaged out over the year it works down here 7 maybe 8 days out of ten fairly well and mostly all the time during the summer from presely.

Booterstown? You are at sea level so Divis would be out.
    Any analog I've seen there has been from kilkeel which doesnt do freeview.
    The nearest feasable tx would be near cardigan Bay.I've a direct line of sight and only managed it on a fine day.
    Presely analog gets very unreliable north of Wicklow town,some people have it if lucky,most go for the near perfect arfon which as of yet doesnt have freeview,but I do remember reading somewhere(cant remember where) that it was in line for DAB(digital radio) in the future-now that would be good! as it would or should be available here.
    Freeview from Presely north of Wicklow town would be unreliable or non existant I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Can Presley Freeview be picked up in Waterford and if so how far west does the signal go ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 magnus-name given to a subscriber

that is kind of as i suspcted. thanks.

Advertisement