Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nci

• 06-09-2004 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭

anyone here in/going to be in NCI?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I started accounting + hr management today.

First impressions are good nice place and friendly staff especially the secretary ;) The students union bunch were a good laugh too.

Is it true theres no computer games soc :( wargames only play board games I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Having spent 6 years in NCI (as part time and full time student) I found the best thing about the place is the people

hmmm, wonder who the secratary you're talking about is

Is it true theres no computer games soc wargames only play board games I think

Talk to Phil in the students Union, War games go out paintballing and stuff, which is really cool.

(Seriously though if you want a computer games soc set one up, Phil will help you out, when I was in First year I helkped set up 2 societies)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

im starting a higher certificate in computing in applications and support tomorrow. the information I got in the post says its an orientation/introduction day but it runs from 9:30 till 5:00.....
    looking forward to it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I doubt I'd have the time to run a soc with working part time tbh. Hopefully someone else will take the initiative.

Orientation is fine *most* of the lectures arent overly long. Except for some american dude who goes on way too long. The student union meet is definately the highlight of the day.

I was finished today at 4 after I registered didn't bother with the last atrium thing. Don't think many did.

Day off for me tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,096 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I doubt I'd have the time to run a soc with working part time tbh. Hopefully someone else will take the initiative.

Thats a defeatist attitude. I worked part time and was involved in running about 3 societies. It doesn't really take much time

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement