Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

low cost credit cards

Options
  • 06-09-2004 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

i'm sure this has come up before

i'm looking to transfer my balance from my aib visa

i know tesco do 0% on transfers and then its 14.9%

does anyone know of any other rates on transfers and balances?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

beware of the €40 government charge when you switch your credit card, - please look for threads on this either here or on askaboutmoney

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

MBNA do the Tesco card. If you already have an MBNA card...can you transfer balances to the Tesco card?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

MBNA do the Tesco card. If you already have an MBNA card...can you transfer balances to the Tesco card?

It's actually Tesco and Royal Bank of Scotland, so you can transfer balances from MBNA to Tesco cards.

BuffyBot wrote:
    It's actually Tesco and Royal Bank of Scotland, so you can transfer balances from MBNA to Tesco cards.

Oh, nice one! They used to use MBNA iirc, at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

O wrote a fairly big posting on the different credit cards available.
    I'll see if I can find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

If you earn enough to be able to get a gold card, they are usually cheaper.

I think One Direct and NIB are the cheapest but both use risk pricing so may not offer the best rate. However NIB gave me 14.9% with 0% for 5 months with my rotten credit history, so unless you are truly desperate they'll probably give it to you.

I earn enough to get a platinum card; unfortunately not many card issuers here do 0% balance transfer, unlike in the UK where you can happily move your balance around the 0% cards...forever!

WTF is with NIB, you can't apply for a credit card online or over the phone, and I went into their O'Connell St branch a week ago and they had no card application forms and didn't know when they'd have more in! :(

Advertisement