Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hand free kits for Nokia Mobile Phones

Options
  • 06-09-2004 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Anybody know where i can buy one of these and get it installed cheaply?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What Nokia is it? I've got a full Nokia kit but no Nokia to go with it...

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Do you have one and want it installed or do you want to buy from somewhere that supplies and fits them? If it's the latter, you won't see much change out of at least 200 eurons. The cheapest way to do it is to buy the kit online and perhaps get a friend who knows what they're doing to fit it for you. I bought mine from a company on ebay and fitted it myself. It worked out the cheapest. Also, don't forget that if you buy the kit yourself, the glass mount antenna is not supplied with it usually, and they cost about €20 to buy.

Hope this helps,

DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

hmmm,.... are there instructions in the box? Sounds like an idea, i did that recently with my new car stereo.

Is it fairly straight forward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

jo.king wrote:
    hmmm,.... are there instructions in the box? Sounds like an idea, i did that recently with my new car stereo.

Is it fairly straight forward?

Basically, you have: -
    The brain
    The power supply wires
    The telemute lead (which, if your headunit allows, will mute the radio when the phone rings)
    the wiring to the cradle (from the brain)

The are basic wiring instructions usually, but every car is different. You usually have to mount the brain behind the dash (removing the glove box aids this). Then it's just a matter of getting power to the brain and fishing wires around behind the dash to aerial and the cradle which you mount to the dash in a convenient place.

Well, that's the general idea anyway ;)

Hope this helps,

DC.

Advertisement