Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK DVD Player work in Germany?

Options
  • 06-09-2004 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm wondering whether or not a Sony DVPNS585 DVD player bought from the UK (eBay of course!) would work in Germany?

I haven't a clue about home entertainment equipment. I know voltage won't be an issue and I can change the plug but will there be any frequency issues? I remember that UK televisions (used to at least) require a frequency shifter to allow them to work in Ireland.

I know it's an obscure question. Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The TV thing is for tuning.
    DVDs don't have tuners, so it should work fine.

Unless the European version of PAL is different, then there might be problems.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

No you should be OK, as most of Europe is PAL and DVD Region 2. Some European TV channels have different sound carriers for tuning (you'll notice newer TV's with options like DK, I, etc) but this isn't relevant for DVD as they use Scart cables instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Thanks for the advice so far.

It's a multi-region player so it was only a tuning issue I was worried about. I guess it's all ok then. Cheers!

Advertisement