Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Psycho

Options
  • 06-09-2004 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to ask other people their opinions on this book by Bret Easton Ellis. My main question is whether or not Pat Bateman is killing the people or if it is just in his imagination. I also think that the disappearance of Tim Price is due to him commiting suicide and his reappeareance at the end of the book is just a figment of Batemans imagination. I've talked with a few friends about this and it seems we are 50:50 on the idea that it's all in his head.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

It's a good while back since i've read this book but as far as i can recall the murders are all in his head. They changed this in the film - whereby he actually did commit the murders. Like i said it's been a while since i've read the book or seen the movie, however i remember having the same discussion with a few mates and this was what we came up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That's the glory of the book, you're never quite sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

yeah I think it's more than likely in his head but you can't be sure

Advertisement