Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EGM: Committee nominations sought

Options
  • 06-09-2004 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

If you want to join the IrelandOffline Committee we need you to put your name down here in advance of the EGM.

Only those that want to be on the committee put your name forward. Please do not nominate someone else. If you think someone should be on the committee message them and let them know.

There is a lot of momentum building with IrelandOffline and a lot of work will be needed by all who step forward. We need people to dedicate a few hours a week to this. It might be hard work but it will be worth it in the end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Ok :)

'Money where mouth is' time ....seeing that I've been doing so much blabbering around here recently, I'm prepared to serve (if people want me of course)

Martin Harran

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Surely those who are already on the committee have to actually resign first:)

That's the way of committees...a formal motion to resign has to be accepted by the chair and a proposal to "keep" those that want to continue on.
    Then new members are elected.

(At least that's the way it works on most other committees I've served on)

I'd be happy to stand, only and obviously, if I get voted on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Bealtaine, what makes us strong is the way we don't operate like other groups with committees. Put your real name into your post and you are then in as a nominee.

Now my turn. I'm putting my name forward.

Damien Mulley.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I'm putting my name forward aswell.

Aidan Whyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

Adam seems to think Damien and I share a brain cell, so to forestall people calling Damien a halfwit :D

John Timmons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm in for a penny. Brain cells I can find later.

Seamus Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭gom

Guys I'd love to seriously get involved but have other work committments on Saturday from 8am till 5pm :(. There is absolutely no chance of getting to Buswells any sooner than 3pm if i'm lucky. For this reason I'm not going to nominate myself by-proxy. I would however love to work closely with the next committee on PR and corporate public relations. I believe that if IrelandOffline can become a successful lobbying tool directed to the business organisations and companys our dog days will be over.

Is Mise Graham Ó Maonaigh

I'm not nominating myself but would definitly be interested in working with the next PR officer of the committee.

May hopes our with you all tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Wish you all a very successful meeting tomorrow. I am looking forward to supporting a strong Irelandoffline and to getting supported by a strong Irelandoffline.

My well-wishes and a pamphlet dedicated to you are on www.comwreck.com

P.

Advertisement