Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seatbelt wearing

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

PBC_1966 wrote:
    But what many people here won't accept is that in some types of accidents a belt could be an enemy rather than a friend.

So you're saying that when we get into our cars we should make a decision along the lines of, 'ok, if I'm in an accident on this journey, will it be an accident that will need my seatbelt, or should I take the chance that I'm going to drive off a bridge into a river and will need to be free to get out of the car, so no seatbelt for me!'.

Gimme a break. It's a fact that a seatbelt will save your life in the majority of accidents that an occur in a motorcar so there is no way in hell you can justify not wearing one on the offchance that the accident you may or may not be involved in would require you not to wear one.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,393 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

LFCFan wrote:
    It's a fact that a seatbelt will save your life in the majority of accidents that an occur in a motorcar so there is no way in hell you can justify not wearing one on the offchance that the accident you may or may not be involved in would require you not to wear one.

Sound post and me reckons all that was to be said, has been said. Let it rest now please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Agreed and closed. No new seatbelt threads for at least a week eh?

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement