Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing UO Shard

Options
  • 11-09-2000 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

OK All, I have all the files I need, and I want to try and test out the UO Shard. Only thing is I need to test it on a weeknight because I am going to shut down the other games servers while testing it. SO, When is a good time for you lot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Any night is a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Assuming I can find my UO cd, can anyone tell me how I could connect to Gambler's shard?

get loginace and use that once gambler gives us an address to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

OK All, I had a VERY successfull test on my own machine connecting to the server last night and I am hoping to get a test night going ASAP, (I have to organise a night that I can turn of the other servers if needs be.)

I am going to run a very small test first off, Set up the server with NOTHING added (There will be no NPC's or anything) and I will make 10 - 20 Accounts. Then when everyone is on I will make them all GMS for the test and you can create whatever you want, we will try to generate as many items as we can and will see how the worldsaves go :-)

So, who is up for the first test??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Where do I get LoginAce. a version that doesn't email all your private files to others would be helpful. smile.gif

• Advertisement

From stratics.

or you can edit your login.cfg file.

I'll be on for tring the server out maybe you should mail a username and password to people or just leave it join on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I'd be on for testing smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Well i would be up for reinstalling UO to play again, got board of the very bad lag to catskills (befor the EU servers) and paying 10 quid a month,
    but this sounds like a lot of fun

Coyote

OK, I am having great fun with this server. I have discoverd that it will be very difficult to run a Full whack server, but fairly wasy to run a sever with 2-3 Towns set up (Plus Dungeons of Course :-)

I have the server set up, so now All I need to do is organise a time for all to meet up, in the mean time, could all players interested download the lates Ignition Version (Plus CFG file) from www.uoxdev.com.

(As I write this I have noticed that UO patchs up to version 2.0.0g but ignition is only set up to version 2.0.0f SO, if you are re-installing or have a main UO account, make sure you try to stop your client from patching to version 2.0.0g till you see an ignition.cfg on www.uoxdev.com)

I will try to arrange a definite time for us to test the Server (I will be online tomorrow at aprox 8PM in Quakenet, so anyone there and ready to go can come along for a quick go :-)

Latest Ignition.cfg is available, so patch up to the max and get the ignition.cfg from http://www.uoxdev.com

Gambler

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how many ppl usualy end up playing on Non-UO Shards, The Server is running ok, but If I want to play a full world, we want to get a new server, and I need to get a feel for wether or not there will be people to play on it and make the expense worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I would say, run with what you have. See if it is demand, then think about expansion.

Best figure I've seen quoted is about 700 accounts activated. Draken something or other.

Ryannetworld, only drew in 50 or so accounts when I joined. I quit because I never met anyone else. not one person, except shopkeepers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭DaBounca

ill be on for testing ,but youd have to tell me what to do.

Advertisement