Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is Sven?

Options
  • 06-09-2004 8:05pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed that Sven (lordsippa) hasn't been around on the boards for ages? He used to practically reply to every post at least once - where did he go??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Watch now, this thread will cause him to reappear

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

He got a job ailbhe. or a life. though more than anything he got a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

well considering that whenever i see him he's wandering aimlessly around town i'm guessing he's been doing a bit more of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

He is sorely missed. This board needs his troll-liness. He needs to give up this 'life' in favour of randomly insulting people on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

He's been wandering aimlessly....... and may also have a life now to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

He needs to give up this 'life' in favour of randomly insulting people on the internet.

pfft.
    but that doesn't give him money like jobs do.
    he always comes back eventually, like any good sven does.
    look! he's behind you!
    oh, damn. you missed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

He's also been off the net for the last month or so, so even less reason to for him to be here. If he comes back, it will be not unlike a napalm testing session near the Mekong Delta

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I look forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

But who is this "Sven"?

On a completely sidenote you're all crazy.

And I've barely been wandering town lately... well ok I was in today and a few days back. But those were for REASONS! And yeah, been working in xtravision so working late so not on when others are much. Plus was, as hugh said, away from net for a month. Plus... I just don't know that many people here. And you're all talking bout stuff I know nothing about. I mean I can sometimes pop in and rant but often I just don't know enough about what's being discussed to honestly comment. Or even just come up with interesting insults.

And now in a fine CTYI tradition I shall end this post with our oldest and most time honoured sign off.

Gay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I thought it was spelt ghey?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

No that's just nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

lordsippa wrote:
    I mean I can sometimes pop in and rant but often I just don't know enough about what's being discussed to honestly comment.
    Doesn't stop most people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Fibula!

lordsippa wrote:
    Plus... I just don't know that many people here. And you're all talking bout stuff I know nothing about. I mean I can sometimes pop in and rant but often I just don't know enough about what's being discussed to honestly comment. Or even just come up with interesting insults.

Ah yes, but don't you see that if you come on less then the people you don't know just write more and more, driving those old CTYIzens that you do know off the boards and ending an era of old CTYIzen board use? :(

Or something like that, I'm not sure, my brain doesn't work so good anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

stupid domains not being renewed. *cough* *cough* *coughcoughcough*

no, but really, it oldie use has decreased for other reasons. such as intolerance for bad spam. :eek:

Tbh we oldies show up here less cause ... well... CTYI just isn't as important to our lives as before. I mean 4th I spent waiting to go there but then once I couldn't and once I grew up and realised that all the people there are so much ickler I just... didn't care as much. I mean I've friends from many generations of CTYIers. Some older, many younger, but ... I don't think of them as CTYIers anymore.. just friends. I come here to see if anything interesting is being debated or anyone I haven't seen in ages has come along looking to catch up with all the people they haven't seen in ages... But for the most part it's just not as big a part of my life as it was. Hell there are nevermores who'd rather hide the fact they were part of it nowadays.

To me it's this fantastic thing that happened to me. But it's over for me now and there's no point clinging to it. I'm not gonna distance myself, but I've other stuff going on in my life that it really isn't important to me anymore.

Incidentally... Caoimhe... are you the Caoimhe I'm thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

I thought our most noble and time-honoured sign off was;

'Cormac swallows'

I could be wrong though :)

lordsippa wrote:
    To me it's this fantastic thing that happened to me. But it's over for me now and there's no point clinging to it. I'm not gonna distance myself, but I've other stuff going on in my life that it really isn't important to me anymore.

Incidentally... Caoimhe... are you the Caoimhe I'm thinking of?

Well since I can't read your thoughts I can only assume that I am... I'm smallish and have long hair if that helps at all...
    I know exactly what you mean, only I haven't quite reached that stage with CTYI yet, just with other things. I've accepted that its over and that all I can do now is be grateful it happened for me at all. And keep in touch with the fine CTYIers I've met over the years, like yourself :P

'Twas you. HURRAH!

And grace, I was more talking fizzytings than our personal lil ctyi collective...

Anyways now I must run and be fed. Roll on laptop and then broadband! w00t!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Yay! Sven! Btw, that cute lil Japanese farmer never made it to Liz and I. I presume it got lost? Did he even know we're in school together?

• Advertisement

Erm... a dragon ate him? A wizard did it? He no speak so good english?

Advertisement