Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reunion Planning (aka SPAM)

Options
  • 06-09-2004 8:31pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I'm sick to death of what you lot have done to this place this year so this is the result.

ALL planning of reunions goes on in this thread, which will be stickied. It is in all of your best interest to keep this place tidy. Mess it up and it's your problem, not mine.

ANY other threads that contain reunion plans will be locked as soon as they are seen and possibly deleted.

The counter part to this thread Reunion Announcements will be ONLY for date, time, location.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

ok people, any thoughts on the pirate reunion? (Don't hate me)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

ok people, any thoughts on the pirate reunion? (Don't hate me)

my thoughts: no way. talking like a pirate is so passe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

Ok, regarding the possible Waterford reunion - will somebody that lives in Waterford set a time and a place because I've never been there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Place wise - The city square shopping thing, or the place with TMA4 outside the book centre

Time wise - I couldn't give a fsck, probably won't bother coming in anyway. Only posted here because I'm bored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 shidoshi

why don't we follow the example of conor flynn... and his wonderful thread which suggests a reunion in achill.... i myself think this is a great idea and would be willing to accomodate anyone who is in need of shelter/food.
    it could be a surf reunion.... now THAT would be cool.

plus you would all go home with more culture than you brought with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭abraham lincoln

halenger wrote:
    I'm sick to death of what you lot have done to this place this year so this is the result.

ALL planning of reunions goes on in this thread, which will be stickied. It is in all of your best interest to keep this place tidy. Mess it up and it's your problem, not mine.

ANY other threads that contain reunion plans will be locked as soon as they are seen and possibly deleted.

man you could have just told us to stop (i.e. given us some form of warning),set up this thread and if we cept going on about reunions on them, locked them then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

This is much easier for the mods though. All those reunion threads weren't exactly improving their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CONOR!!! f...

See!?!? I knew people would agree with my achill idea!! HA HA!!! And even though shidoshi IS from achill he still counts! So, so far i'm counting myself and shidoshi who want a reunion in achill!!! wahoo!!! tá sé sin rud éigin íontach!!! yay!!! and whats the deal with that halenger fella? he could have been a little nicer bout it like that other fella said. is he one of the people that looks after the place? (if i offended u halenger I am sorry!) so long people!

p.s. heheh Donnacha!!! howdy! irish! I wonder if i insulted someone in irish would they understand???

no worries though I'm a nice guy!!! SLÁN!!!

man you could have just told us to stop (i.e. given us some form of warning),set up this thread and if we cept going on about reunions on them, locked them then.
    Why? People would have blatantly ignored him anyway, and he would have had to lock each thread one by one. This way he could deal with them all in one swoop. Whats the difference for us anyway, either way you wouldnt be able to post in the now locked threads

Conor: HTF would he lock the reunion threads if he wasn't a mod. 'tard....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Raphael wrote:
    Conor: HTF would he lock the reunion threads if he wasn't a mod. 'tard....

Now now Aonghus, play nice. He may be the new Campion of the Board but even the original didn't deserve those kind of insults. Just half-jokingly threaten him like I did with the original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CONOR!!! f...

ha ha. funny aonghus. real funny. why are you bein such an ass? btw i'm new too! I didn't know what a mod was til 20 mins ago!!! tosser.

Basic rule of not looking like an idiot in a web forum

1. Register
    2. Lurk
    3. (some time later) Begin posting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Anyway - what about Waterford reunion thirtieth, Red Square?
    Alternative Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

All of you shut the **** up with the random "bleh bleh bleh i wet myself" posts before i have to go delete ****. really not arsed doing so tonight.

Why? People would have blatantly ignored him anyway, and he would have had to lock each thread one by one. This way he could deal with them all in one swoop. Whats the difference for us anyway, either way you wouldnt be able to post in the now locked threads

i'm just pissed off cause now, to continue talking to someone, you have to set up a whole new thread.and anyway most of the threads that have been shut down had gone far from the original point of conversation or else had already taken place and nobody was using them to talk about reunions anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Abraham lincoln stop complaining. The amount of **** myself and halenger a)have to put up with the general populace here and b)have to clean up after the general populace here is unbelievable. we've both got lives of our own and dont have the time to be here sorting through thread after thread after thread of the exact same conversation cycled over 21 and a half times. I've got first year of college, halenger has his final year. anything that makes our lives moderating this place easier makes us happier, thus meaning we're more lenient and tolerant of various crap around here. mmkay?

this is not a very gracious way to concede defeat (seeing as 1)i just got my ass kicked by 2) one of the guys thats in charge of this place)so...
    *head hanging* yes Mr.crash sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Hey instead of a waterford reunion, every1 come to the parish bar in dungarvan some saturday night and well all get polluted/ in the horrors together!!! thats what i call good times!!! then go to creation and pull as many beors as possible

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Consider your notice given. Not that we're requred to give you any notice. I announced the new system on the most popular reunion thread and closed the rest of them.

Of course I was still forced to start a thread explaining the situation. This is the system. Live with it.

jono087 wrote:
    Hey instead of a waterford reunion, every1 come to the parish bar in dungarvan some saturday night and well all get polluted/ in the horrors together!!! thats what i call good times!!! then go to creation and pull as many beors as possible

The majority of CTYIers are underage so this is a might silly suggestion. I hope you're not encouraging underage drinking?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭larry

parish bars don't give a **** how old you are

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Raphael wrote:
    Haha that forum is a great idea. (Ignoring all logical reasons against it.) It'd like.. half all the mindless crap that goes on. Maybe even wipe out 2 thirds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭Caoimhe

if i was a mod on these boards i'd probably go on a horrible bloody rampage after about a week. fair play to neil and podge for doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

Basic rule of not looking like an idiot in a web forum

1. Register
    2. Lurk
    3. (some time later) Begin posting

now i wasn't very good at maths, but over 1500 posts in a year? like 4 a day right how long did you lurk for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

now i wasn't very good at maths, but over 1500 posts in a year? like 4 a day right how long did you lurk for?
    I sense some form of trickery going on!
    (Or clever rearrangement of steps one and two but trickery is far more interesting.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

hey guys, let's leave podge and neil alone some, eh?.. I know them both personally, and for those of you who are too young to remember them, they are both muchly cool guys, who have more than an iota of cop on/sense, and also rmemeber the good old days. Of real CTYI. Where people accepted and didn't bitch. just get over yourselves...

I didn't. Have you SEEN my first few months of posting on this board? Really, have you?

Plunky wrote:
    I know them both personally, and for those of you who are too young to remember them, they are both muchly cool guys, who have more than an iota of cop on/sense, and also rmemeber the good old days.

Thanks for the ego stroking... Eoin? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

You're welcome man! and yeah, it's me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement