Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reunion Planning (aka SPAM)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Raphael wrote:
    ON a more on-topic note:

Jim, you missed your waterford reunion. There were 4 of us at that career exhibition in the Ard Rí. Tusa, mise, Eamonn Carey agus Michelle mcCarthy.

That's about all the turnout you can expect for a waterford reunion...

Gee, thanks for telling me. I mean, I haven't like suggested or requsted or encouraged it ever or anything.

whinge whinge whinge! whinge! ...whinge...whinge...

And the entrance to the centre of the earth was in Iceland, at least in the movie it was. But other Jules Verne adaptations have sucked, so maybe not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It was entirely co-incidental dear billiam. I just spotted the others after getting dragged there from school

Though i DID miss a Math class...

[ozzie]No worries.[/ozzie]

I mean, did anyone actually see 20,000 leagues under the sea? with kirk douglas. The Nautilus was nuclear-powered and Nemo had an island base. Although the invasion scene was cool.

Okay. Waterford reunion sometime around Christmas. I'll be there, even if none of you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

4 words...League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Yes, but that's cool. The second Volume is cooler again. Those crazy Martians

<realizes he's referring to the movie>

AAGH! Get it out get it out get it out!

<screeching hissy cat-noises>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Um. Problems have arisen. I may be in on saturday but due to family um... difficulties, I may not. I'll try but if I am it'll be fairly late, say around 13:00 or after probably. I'll try get in though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

13:00 is early, if you ask me.

Well, yeah, but late for the start of the reunion dealy. It's looking increasingly less hopeful that I'll get in but I'm still trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well for those who are going in for Cat's birthday she asked us to be there at 13:00 so I don't think it's gonna be a problem Dave.

Assuming I actually make it.

• Advertisement

you better *pokes Dave*

Trust me when I say this one's just a wee bit out of my hands. The powers that be, aka, my parents, aren't going to go easy on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

The Christmas Reunion :D

I was thinkin' that we could do a Secret Santa type thing.

People sign up with the organiser.
    Those people are all put into a hat.
    The organiser chooses randomly who is who's "Secret Santa".
    Then, the organiser contacts each person about who they are buying for.

There would have to be a spending limit. I think €5.00 is a resonable limit. You can go over it but don't expect more than it. The trick is to find that excellent present for under €5.00. If you get a good one it'll mean much more than any €30.00 thing. Maybe you could find out your person's interests.

The choosing:
    Organiser (who would be me unless someone else wants to do it)
    1.Oragniser pulls the names from hat's. The first name will be the organiser's receiver. The second name will be the organiser's receiver's receiver, and so on, and so on. Of course this means that the organiser will not receive a present and the last name won't have to give (this is because the organiser would know who their "Secret Santa" is). So you could consider that you could be the lucky person who receives but does not have to give.

2.The participants could also be split into Male and Female groups. This would mean a process of choosing a girl (because I'm a guy), then choosing a guy (that she gives to), then a girl (that he gives to), and so on.
    Seeing as we probably wouldn't have an equal amount of girls and guys the left over girls/guys (whichever group has more) would be put into another choosing process as in the first example. Again there would be a person who doesn't have to buy in the main girl-guy-girl group.

So, we have two different ways of doing this. I'll start another thread and have a poll on which people want if you want it at all.

I have a lot of confidence in this idea and it could be a lot of fun. The good part is you can open the presents as soon as you get them. :D

Also what day should the reunion be. Christmas is on a Saturday but I think that would be a bad idea. Maybe the 22nd, 23rd, 24th? It kinda needs to be before the 25th if we're doing the present thing.

P.S. This will be my first reunion since September, so lets make it special.

P.P.S. You can sign up by PMing me. Include a contact path (MSN, e-mail or I could PM you, but please specify).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

well, Kevin, you already know that I'm in for this secret santa thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Hey, is anyone going to show on Saturday? I don't want to be the only one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Katie-Bob

How about a MASSIVE christmas reunion on the 19th Dec.? T'would be great craic sur! (sorry I've been spending too long in the country) Or else any of you that know me we could meet up then? Reply soon. Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Noooo not the 19th thats a Sunday!And not just any Sunday, it's also the Funderland preview day (invite only).How bout Saturday the 18th???

Anythimes good for me (Dear God I have no life.....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭HeyYou

Hey all, let me know wehn this reunion is on, I'll spread the good word to the other RAs and if you're lucky some of them might come along! Alas, I think I might be away.

So when are we reuniting again?

• Advertisement

Not the 26th please. I've got other business that day.

Well I'll be in Cork....

Well then lets just have one on the 18th. Any objections?

Yes.

Lets have it a little closer to Christmas. We're off school so we're not restrained by weekdays. How about something more like the 23rd or 22nd?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

agreed with Kevin. I think the 23rd is a good day. also, I need to study on the 18th, and perhaps work aswell, and I really want to see everyone.

Okay so. C'mon people we have to get this sorted soon. When will be the Christmas reunion? 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th? What? We need a decission soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

I think we should stick with the 23rd cause the word's gone round about different days so we'd better set a date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Okay so. C'mon people we have to get this sorted soon. When will be the Christmas reunion? 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th? What? We need a decission soon.

Just like to point out, Katie did set a date and then you cancelled her reunion which is hardly your place to cancel someone elses reunion???And then give out that no-one set a date???

No she put up a reunion announcement which wasn't discussed (becasue people weren't given time). So I said that it wasn't official

• Advertisement

Firstly:
    Thank you Liam.

Secondly:
    Kevin, about this reunion, not everyone can get up to Dublin that near to Christmas, some of us have lives and other things to do. People had been thinking about the 18th and other dates so I just said I'd pick one to hurry it up (which is what you wanted) and so people could make plans if they had to. Sorry if I offended you in any way but last time I checked it wasn't your place to cancel a reunion. If you don't want to come then thats fine but I'm sure people would like you to go. Why don't we have 2 reunions, people can go to whichever is easier or even both. OK?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement