Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reunion Planning (aka SPAM)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah I like that idea. I won't be able to make the one on the 23rd myself so I like the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Katie-Bob wrote:
    Firstly:
    Thank you Liam.

Secondly:
    Kevin, about this reunion, not everyone can get up to Dublin that near to Christmas, some of us have lives and other things to do. People had been thinking about the 18th and other dates so I just said I'd pick one to hurry it up (which is what you wanted) and so people could make plans if they had to. Sorry if I offended you in any way but last time I checked it wasn't your place to cancel a reunion. If you don't want to come then thats fine but I'm sure people would like you to go. Why don't we have 2 reunions, people can go to whichever is easier or even both. OK?

and that's why I cant make it on the 18th. I mean, a lot of us have exams to study for and I think it's unfair to name a date and say this is the reunion, etc without giving us time to discuss it.

2 reunions is gonna be crap, a lot of people can only then go to one, and that means we're not all gonna get to see as many people as we'd like which will not be good. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Since when were reunions official? Jus tell your friends to come up to dublin on whatever day then ya get to see all your friends which is the point of the excercise and everyone wins

yeah, but some people cant come up some of the days, it's not always all that easy to get to dublin, especially when you're busy. and then you dont get to see some of the people as it's hard for them to get to dublin again so soon afterwards. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Okay I don't mind the whole having your own reunion but from the way you did things it did seem like you were just being evil and declaring the date on your own. If you want to have a reunion on a date then just say so, in this thread. Once you put in on the Announcements thread people think it's set and start spreading the word that that is the date of the reunion (like some people I've talked to in the last 24hrs.).I'd like the reunion planning to be a group effort, even if it takes longer,
    because as a few have said some people can't make certain days and therfore need a say

The whole double reunion thing is a bad idea in my opinion. It splits the people like Aoibhean said. If some people can't go on the 18th and some can't go on the 23rd/22nd then maybe we should scrap both dates and plan it in between or something.

I'll say no more on the matter. Can we please pick a suitable date now?

P.S. Which Katie is Katie-Bob? I knew of at lest two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

ColHol wrote:
    Since when were reunions official? Jus tell your friends to come up to dublin on whatever day then ya get to see all your friends which is the point of the excercise and everyone wins
    no DUH. obviously, for some people here, it's about gradually earning the title of HEAD REUNION ORGANISER. so that when everyone is like OMFG REUNIONS ARE THE SHIZZLE I LOVE EVERYONE HERE they can swoop in on their ivory horse and be like 'yeah well i organised it so you should all BOW TO ME AND WORSHIP ME FOREVER. not looking at anyone in particular *coughcoughcoughcoughohmygodalmighty*

i have got to get a grip on my imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

That's really... paranoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

nope, just bored and critical. to be honest, i couldn't care about the reunion(s). i just think it's funny the way people get so caught up about them.

Meh. I like the reunions, and I do make time for them, but if I have something better to do I'll do it. They're dead or dying anyway at this stage. You won't have to worry about them much longer, the this thread will either become obsolete, or, much more likely, be used as the ultimate spam thread. :rolleyes:

I havent been to a reunion in ages, I'm working on Saturday, so I won't make it for a reunion if one's on that day. I'd really like to see everyone, but I guess if it's on the 18th I can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

this thread will either become obsolete, or, much more likely, be used as the ultimate spam thread.

Much more ikely, or indeed, you might say, inevitable.
    Boo Saturdays, yay holidays! Let's all go to Waterford at the start of January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Katie-Bob

Ok right I didn't mean to come over all ' I want to be head organiser'. I just wanted to see everyone again. I didn't mean any harm-apologies if thats what my announcement caused and I won't be doing that again. Apologies all round.

P.S. Kevin, I'm the Katie from Limerick with the red hair, did japanese '04 aka Bob.

Meh. I'm bored. I'll go to Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Don Accordion

Sorry to see this debate has gone on so long, but I have to come down firmly against the 18th and firmly in favour of the 22nd or 23rd. Firstly, think of all the people who are going to be out late on Friday because it's their last night of school. Secondly, there are many people who haven't een able to come to other reunions throughout the year because they're on Saturday. And thirdly, I won't be able to come on the 18th. Oh, and fourthly, it'll be so much more extra-special and Christmassy on the 22nd or 23rd, there'll be crazy street performances everywhere and much less chance of getting mugged. Only kidding. Well, anyway, that's my pitch. Think about it.

Stephen the accordion guy.

Katie-Bob wrote:
    Ok right I didn't mean to come over all ' I want to be head organiser'. I just wanted to see everyone again. I didn't mean any harm-apologies if thats what my announcement caused and I won't be doing that again. Apologies all round.
    Ditto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭incredula pert

so who can go on the 18th? I mean, because we can have two, its not a big deal really..

DO we have two? I don't even care anymore. Maybe we should just say both the 18th and 23rd to save time?

I cannot make the 18th (I didn't have an ulterior motive).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

I'll be around town on the 18th, but I will be Christmas shopping.I left it waaaay too late again this year and as usual am up sh*t creek.I'll stop by and say hi though.

Yeah, I agree.

<mimics someone else's voice> "I agree with Bill, we should all go to Waterford in January"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Sounds like a plan. I live near waterford!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

So theres 2 Dublin reunions-18th and 23rd?

I'll be in anyway, I'm meeting some other ctyi-ers at the green, completely forgot there was a reunion. I think Cat, Aidan, Jenny and Leo are coming so Dave you'd better come too. It wont be rapefest without you.

Won't be in tomorrow. Have to help out at home. Maybe the 23rd? And it's Randomfest damn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

CTYI - ah, memories. enjoy school while you can - when you get to college you have exams right up to the day before christmas eve, and you're working as well as moving home, you'll understand the meaning of the word 'stress' and also the need to murder a pint every now and then, and get relaxed once in a while. happy christmas, you unappreciative bastids. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭buffalo

Also, I may float into town to say hello, merely to procrastinate and avoid studying. otherwise come visit me in spoils wednesday through friday of christmas week - but not in large numbers (too much glassware!) and i'll be at the frames on the 23rd - w00t!

Won't be at either reunion, I is afraid, what with the 18th one starting 2 and a half hours ago, and I'll be otherwise engaged on teh 23rd- music and such.
    I might be up on tuesday if anyone is around, but I doubt it. See you all in Waterford, yes?

So who be around on Thursday? I couldn't be arsed going to school tomorrow so I can rest up and be nice and handy for Thursday. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Undergod wrote:
    Won't be at either reunion, I is afraid, what with the 18th one starting 2 and a half hours ago, and I'll be otherwise engaged on teh 23rd- music and such.
    I might be up on tuesday if anyone is around, but I doubt it. See you all in Waterford, yes?
    le when?

So who be around on Thursday? I couldn't be arsed going to school tomorrow so I can rest up and be nice and handy for Thursday. :)

Not me *Is bitter* I'm going to be in Cork till the 28th :(

• Advertisement

Moi.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement