Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reunion Planning (aka SPAM)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

What about me? Huh? What are the actual numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

En ce moment, Carly, John, Aine, Liz, Carl, Aoibheann and I are definatly going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Plunky wrote:
    Liam you're being a muppet - if you had read the Guide, you'd understand the significance of the towel/dressing gown convo. There'll be too many of us to get beaten up anyway, and who cares what people think of us?! WE know what we're like, and that's all that matters! Whynot Monday, considering it's a Bank Holiday? I say saturday if I'll be able to cinemafy and get to work for 5, otherwise Sunday, though I think I'm meant to be doing something else on Sunday... :/ Keep me posted!

In other news, I should be back online either tonight or tomorrow (Wed) night...
    Eh I do know the significance of the dressing gown thing, world ends on thursday wear a dressing gown you get saved blah blah blah.I just think it's been drawn out way too much.I'm in my last year this year, and I've been at CTYI all the years I possibly could be, but the dressing gown thing is still before my time.I think Oisin said it started in 2000?Thats five years ago.Let it go!

I doubt very many people in Dublin will get the joke.If someone wore a dressing gown to the cinema on their own, it would be wierd.Why do you think it would be less wierd when there's a whole group of people in dressing gowns?It's not.Its just drawing more attention to the wierdness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tias

and setting a tribute to douglas adams

so reunion what day?
    cause sat a bit anoying for me, got sax practice and rehersal with the pianist.. damn music exam ^^

it's parnell street, there are never too many of you to get beaten up.

look, any part of town with "corner boys" (a nice term for scumbags) around will not be a suitable place to wear dressing gowns, you may not get beaten up, but you will definitely get intimidated and harassed. And ana's right, there's never too many of you to get beaten up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Not gonna stop us wearing them...
    Tias, it would appear that Saturday is the day it's gonna be, but r4ph has said the actual cinema trip will be later - 3:30 earliest as that's when Aine's free, and it was her idea... So Marvin and I shall be at reunion, but not going to cinema, *sob*!..

Liam: The Dressing gown thing was an Adams tribute from the good ole' days of CTYI, the towel idea came later, as an international tribute to Adams' after his death.. Originally it was May 16th, but in recent times it has shifted to May 25th. Either way, the towel is still a central part of any Adams tribute...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Fair enough, you were in CTYI when the thing originated as were a few others.Now it looks like a lot of the newer people are just jumping on the bandwagon for the sake of the attention.If ya wanna walk around town in bathrobes and get hassle fair enough.You'll probably come back afterwards and complain about the people that give you hassle and you'll probably call them scumbags.

I was just warning yaz, as are others it is not advisable because you will get hassle and lots of it.Why not just go to the cinema without any bathrobes?

Because it would neither be as much fun, nor in the spirit of the whole trip!
    Did it not occur to you that maybe they're getting into it, cause they read the trilogy, and they wanna get into ways to express their appreciation of Adams' work...
    If people hassle us on the way, then chances are they ARE scumbags - reasonable people live and let live, scumbags seem to have trouble doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

imo, do whatever you want, but this is dublin. dublin is not tolerant of bathrobe-wearers and you cannot expect not to get slagged, looked at dodgily, insulted or 'STATE AH DAT!'-ed etc etc, nor can you complain about being subjected to any of the following. wear a bathrobe, and expect it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

i'd just like to point out that alot of inner-city dubs walk around in their pyjamas all day so we probably won't look that outta place.
    also: Liam, what's it to you anyway?

• Advertisement

Actually, to correct LiamD, the bathrobe thing is NOT a CTYI tradition, it's much bigger than CTYI, afaik

i think plunky did that already
    Ois&#237 wrote: »
    This would be an interesting time for all the "oldies" (or whatever people from 2000 and before like to be called) to turn up. The CTYI dressing gown Thursdays was an old school tradition, maybe this is a good time for them to rejoin all the yung-uns with the guts to walk through Dublin in guide uniform!

Comments?

good plan, except that i doubt any of the aforementioned "oldies" read this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Oisín Collins

Good Point, might be worth the organisers while PM'ing a mod to see if theyd allow an announcement or a seperate thread. If not then be sure to get it up on Announcements ASAP cos that will be noticed quicker.

Watch that space folks!

Also, just on Liam's point, I said that the dressing gown thing was old school, not started in 2000.

Dressing gown, afaik, wasn't bigger than CTYI. Towel, however, was. Most definitely.

Plunky wrote:
    Dressing gown, afaik, wasn't bigger than CTYI. Towel, however, was. Most definitely.
    why the past tense?

Because they started in the past, and therefore, grammatically, it should be in the past.

Plunky wrote:
    Because they started in the past, and therefore, grammatically, it should be in the past.
    but they haven't ended so shouldn't it be present?

I fear not, for I was talking about their beginnings, which are decidedly not in the present...

Plunky wrote:
    I fear not, for I was talking about their beginnings, which are decidedly not in the present...
    ah, right so

No Plunky, to my knowledge the dressing gown thing is a gerneral nerd thing, not a CTYI thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

My god arent we all a grand bunch of people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

Raphael wrote:
    No Plunky, to my knowledge the dressing gown thing is a gerneral nerd thing, not a CTYI thing

i thought a guy with such a sought after reputation of a high standard of correct spellings and all would atleast check your post before posting.For gods sake think of us who have to spend ages trying to make out what your saying. :eek: as u can see from my face expression im shocked!

As I say every time someone makes that stupid point Mr. Forde, I don't care about typos. But its a very odd kind of typo that turns later to l8r, "see you" to "c u" and because to coz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

i thought a guy with such a sought after reputation of a high standard of correct spellings and all would atleast check your post before posting.For gods sake think of us who have to spend ages trying to make out what your saying. :eek: as u can see from my face expression im shocked!
    hahaha, smartarse

MUY IMPORTANTE!!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2682818&postcount=21

For those of you lucky enough to get to stay in for the film, and not have to go to work for 5pm... grrr!

I'm going on sunday anyway, but yeah, stay til the END!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Hey guys, I'll be at the Green at 12:00 p.m. if I can wake up in time. I will only be able to stay til about 2:40 though.

And, I might not wake up in time so don't get your hopes up.

Townification.

This sunday.

12:00p.m.

The Green

Come one, come all. (Preferably all)

All including teh Drea?!

Oh yeah, may come, not sure yet... Study and the like...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Should be about. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'll be there! Plunky, hope you can make it, havent seen you in AGES!!

• Advertisement

I'll try and be there. You better show Plunceid!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement