Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reunion Planning (aka SPAM)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

You going yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Outcast wrote:
    You going yeah?
    Yes, if I can get more people to go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I *may* be in Stephen's Green on Wednesday afternoon so I could say hi briefly to people, I'll be working though so I wouldn't be able to stay for long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

I'll be there if I can get my parents to let me go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I'll be there on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

So it's the 27th for sure then. Is anybody with more standing in the realm of reunions going to post this up in Announcements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

Wednesday... hopefully I can make it, but my little sis will probably need babysitting or something. Damn siblings. If not, are the saturday reunions still running? you know the way throughout the year if you turned up at the green at 12 on a saturday, you were almost certain of finding someone there? Does that still happen during summer? It better because I was all psychologically prepared for a reunion on saturday. Darn you all to heck, you non-predictable people.
    kidding, me wuvs u all. I'll do my best to pop by on wednesday. But hows about saturday reunions also? since thats a traditional lets-all-go-to-town-and-hang-out day ANYWAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Thought it moved to sunday...

It moved to Sunday to accomadate more people....but seeing as it's the summer alot of people's extra curricular stuff is not on so they can make saturdays. I'll be getting one sunday off my drama course and intend to spend it wisely so I'll be dragging you all in then (y) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

So is there a reunion tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Apparently so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

And now I probably can't make it due to tiny relatives. Dammit.

Don McLean is playing in the Olympia (I think) on the 28th. What about a big reunion where afterwards we go to the show? It'd be so cool!

Edit: Here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Deadstar

well I've just missed that reunion (bol-..... highdrollox!)

Why not have do as the hefman says? I concur that it would be rather good.

Oh, and yes to pirate reunions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

Ok to all galway/connacht/whoeverwantstocome folk

I am proposing a big ass reunion on tuesday the 23rd of august

Apparantly a bunch of ra's will be in galway on that day, so i guess it makes sense

if anyone has any suggestions or criticisms, post them and hopefully we can get this reunion to work

and that don mclean thing doesnt sound so bad, well all be bawling our eyes out in front of several thousand people though

Don McLean is playing in the Olympia (I think) on the 28th. What about a big reunion where afterwards we go to the show? It'd be so cool!

Edit: Here.

That sounds like much fun-ness. Though the paying of money would kinda suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CONOR!!! f...

i agree. but.... what about tickets? dont they cost around 40? kinda outta my league what about all of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I only know/like 2 Don McLean songs, and paying money sure sounds expensive. So I would be disinclined to go along with this idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

i was in town today and glanced at a poster of the Don McLean poster and it was about 48euro. i'm not too sure though. i didn't see it clearly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mammy

COCK wrote:
    Ok to all galway/connacht/whoeverwantstocome folk

I am proposing a big ass reunion on tuesday the 23rd of august

Apparantly a bunch of ra's will be in galway on that day, so i guess it makes sense

if anyone has any suggestions or criticisms, post them and hopefully we can get this reunion to work

Sounds cool! Not 100% sure that it's the 23rd when all the RAs will be down though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stiny!

So how many of you think you'll make the cork reunion on sunday? I'll definitely be there, if anyone was wondering :rolleyes:
    Oh, and what's this I'm hearing of a reunion in my fair little metropolis of Tralee on Saturday? Could somebody please clue me in? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

Ill be at the galway reunion on the 23rd or whenever, since I live here... yay, more galway reunions!

xxx meeka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Yanniscaus

hey peoples who know me and such :D

im coming down to dublin tomorrow for some a physiotherapist appointment concerning my hand, and ill be hanging round for a while after, i think my girlfriends comin too...anyhoo, if im in stephens green round 3 or 4, dya think theres any chance i might bump into anyones that i know?? its probly the only time in yonks ill be in the big city anyway...just to let yas all know :) , if any of youse might happen to be there and such...

aye....WOOT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Purple Hayes

Reunion in galway on 23rd sounds good... hopefully everyone will be there... But i believe the /rA's will be in galway at an earlier date but i'm not sure..... Have to confirm wit Mammy. :confused:

Yanniscaus wrote:
    hey peoples who know me and such :D

im coming down to dublin tomorrow for some a physiotherapist appointment concerning my hand, and ill be hanging round for a while after, i think my girlfriends comin too...anyhoo, if im in stephens green round 3 or 4, dya think theres any chance i might bump into anyones that i know?? its probly the only time in yonks ill be in the big city anyway...just to let yas all know :) , if any of youse might happen to be there and such...

aye....WOOT!!
    I think there's some kind of farewell to Lake reunion tomorrow at 2 O'Clock so if you stop by, Yann, there should be people.

For the Don McLean thing yes of course you'd have to buy tickets (approx. €49) but it's a once off thing and it'd be loads of fun. There's even the possibility of getting a message to Don and telling him about our mad ways. Imagine if he dedicated a song to us! That would be great! Imagine it!

So anyway, I downloaded some non-American Pie Don McLean songa and they're really good. I'd like to go regardless of whether others will come but of course we should all go together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Purple Hayes

Ya, that would be Pretty kul!!! And we'd all be singing our own words, or added words or emphasised words- o i think he might be so flattered hed have a cinniption or something of the sort...???!!!

There's even the possibility of getting a message to Don and telling him about our mad ways. Imagine if he dedicated a song to us! That would be great! Imagine it!

He he :D . That would be unbelievably cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I think there's some kind of farewell to Lake reunion tomorrow at 2 O'Clock so if you stop by, Yann, there should be people.

For the Don McLean thing yes of course you'd have to buy tickets (approx. €49) but it's a once off thing and it'd be loads of fun. There's even the possibility of getting a message to Don and telling him about our mad ways. Imagine if he dedicated a song to us! That would be great! Imagine it!

So anyway, I downloaded some non-American Pie Don McLean songa and they're really good. I'd like to go regardless of whether others will come but of course we should all go together!
    Was about to say - if you plan that you really should get to know some of Don MacLeans other stuff - a lot of its really really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

It's not MASSIVELY unlikely that he just won't play American Pie... coz chances are he's old and grumpy like Lou and Bob, and most of his proper fans are probably sick of it... so watch out, like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

lou isn't grumpy, he's wonderful... don't ever say that. ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement