Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reunion Planning (aka SPAM)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

how about the 31st?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh FFS we only have 2 non-CTYI people here, its not as if we're gonna have a reunion where there are like 40 non ctyi-ers and 10 ctyiers are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

well, its halloween, it would be cool... but do all the trains/buses run the same times on a sunday as they would on a saturday?

it's the principal of the thing.........i think.........

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Rozabeez just wanted to meet other teens on the boards so I sent her here, So what if its a CTYI board? There are pleny of non- CTYI related threads here (this juste doesn't happen to be one of them)

This is a commnuity of CTYIers. Of course we talk about non-CTYI activities but that's because it is a place for us to chat. This is a community for CTYIers.

Now you have been nothing but a pain lately so you are BANNED again. I may unban you in a few weeks.

Cop on.

• Advertisement

i'm not sure, i think so

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

yeah, i suppose that'd be ok then, if all the buses/trains were the same, but i have a feeling they're not for some reason... tbh, i just think we should have it on the 23rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

halenger wrote:
    This is a commnuity of CTYIers. Of course we talk about non-CTYI activities but that's because it is a place for us to chat. This is a community for CTYIers.

Now you have been nothing but a pain lately so you are BANNED again. I may unban you in a few weeks.

Cop on.

Wow. I dont think we should piss the mod off for a while, he seems a bit moody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

*burts out laughing* my god i am so sorry i have caused total confuseion you see i was sent here in search of young people without actually realizing what CTYI was! omg im so so sorry i feel so dumb! i thought this was just a meet up thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Actually, I think people should continue pissing him off. This is good entertainment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Rozabeez wrote:
    *burts out laughing* my god i am so sorry i have caused total confuseion you see i was sent here in search of young people without actually realizing what CTYI was! omg im so so sorry i feel so dumb! i thought this was just a meet up thing.
    Hate to be mean, but... did you not wonder "hmm what is CTYI?" then realised "oh there's a handy thread right there, even stickied, to tell me!" :rolleyes:
    Well you have succeeded in confusing some supposedly talented people("the T is for talented!"), so congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Bit harsh, don't you think Podge? We have plenty of people who've never been to CTYI in their lives drifting through here and taking part in conversations. Granted, this is different but banning Liz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Katie-Bob

So there is definately one on on the 16th? and whens the one in Dublin?

16th in Cork, 9th in dublin, yes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Bit harsh, don't you think Podge? We have plenty of people who've never been to CTYI in their lives drifting through here and taking part in conversations. Granted, this is different but banning Liz?

She has been consistently causing trouble lately. I went easy on her the night before last by simply deleting the post she made in Reunion Announcements. I made it quite clear this was a bannable offence yet she did it (received a ban for it) and did it again. Yet I let it slide that once. Then she decided to pull that one.

I'm more than happy to have non-CTYIers here. They can be here if they want to be. But just inviting them because it's a place full of teens? Stupid reason. Most people who aren't CTYIers and are here actually know CTYIers and are good friends of CTYIers.

Anyhow. Really have no need to explain myself. I'm modding as I see fit. If you've a problem take it up with the admins, who'll be more than happy to tell you to shove it and then close down the CTYI board.

halenger wrote:
    If you've a problem take it up with the admins, who'll be more than happy to tell you to shove it and then close down the CTYI board.

Sounds like my year heads start of the year speech.
    "And if you have a problem with that, I'm a fair man. I'll talk to you about it, listen to what you have to say, then I'll give you detention."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

originally posted by pinkpimp
    Originally Posted by Mr. Gibbons (the biggest, meanest bogger teacher/rugby coach in the world. (He's got some temper too.))
    "And if you have a problem with that, I'm a fair man. I'll talk to you about it, listen to what you have to say, then I'll give you detention."
    My TY coordinator told us on Friday that if we approach teachers in a civil manner then they simply arent allowed to punish you.

Your TY co ordinator is a damn liar. First, she says that about TY. Second, she says that so that you dont start telling teachers to **** off. Im in 5th year, so teachers, especially Mr. Gibbons, can do as they please. He's already made sevral people do detention for a first offence like not wearing a tie. (Which isnt compulsory.) In conclusion, your TY co ordinator is full of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Fair enough Podge. I didn't know about the other stuff. I'm obviously not going to bitch to the admin because, although they wouldn't close down the CTYI board for something as laughable as that, they wouldn't even bother to give me the reply you did.

Teachers can do what they want. They don't even have to tell you why they're punishing you. Mine lie to us though and say we have all these rihts of appeal and then they don't let you use them. "This is different"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

The way that teachers work is the best way to keep a bunch of 1st, 2nd or 3rd years in check. If you try to reason with them, or treat them equally, they'll walk all over you. So you simply punish them, and they behave. In most schools this is continued into 4th, 5th and 6th years, mainly because it's a proven system. In some schools 5th and 6th years will be treated with a bit more respect, as they are expected to have enough maturity to behave. If you want to be treated like mature adults, act like it, that's what it comes down to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

you need a teacher whose sound when you work but an ass when you don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Katie-Bob

What you need is a teacher who doesn't give a damn

No. Because then you'll fail in life. And that's bad

The way that teachers work is the best way to keep a bunch of 1st, 2nd or 3rd years in check. If you try to reason with them, or treat them equally, they'll walk all over you. So you simply punish them, and they behave. In most schools this is continued into 4th, 5th and 6th years, mainly because it's a proven system. In some schools 5th and 6th years will be treated with a bit more respect, as they are expected to have enough maturity to behave. If you want to be treated like mature adults, act like it, that's what it comes down to

Agreed

you need a teacher whose sound when you work but an ass when you don't

Agreed

Raphael wrote:

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Raphael wrote:

Thanks for the moral of the story! ;););)

What you need is a someone who is REALLY passionate about the subject. My old maths teacher can have you seeing the world in terms of matematical equations (like in the first Matrix after Neo is "killed" by the agents). It's quite scary at first, but hey, he's cool.

Wait, am I on the right thread? Reunions???? Trés weird!

Ah yes, but the aka is the true nature of this thread. Being on-tpoic is something to aspire to....I need more food

*wanders off*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

I agree bout the passionate teacher ting, my accounts teacher lives for double entries and we're all the better for it ;););)!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Even better: a teacher that can make such jumps of subject as... let me think... Irrigation-people being locked in bathrooms-Soviet Russia, or even (though this one was assisted) from discussing weather in geography to ranting about fascism.

Also same teacher that didn't get mad at me when I swore at the most obnoxious girl in the class (she really deserved it)

Good teacher as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement