Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Passion of the Clerks

• 06-09-2004 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

Writer/director Kevin Smith is answering questions about his upcoming The Passion of The Clerks, the recently announced sequel to 1994's Clerks, on his official website. The sequel picks up 10 years later and is set to begin shooting in January at Miramax. Here's a rundown of the highlights:

-This isn't gonna be a cameo-heavy affair, a'la "Strike Back." The only returning characters are Dante and Randal, and Jay and Silent Bob.

- This isn't gonna be a star-studded affair. The biggest names in the cast are gonna be Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson, and Jason Mewes.

- This isn't an "I'm not even supposed to be here today... AGAIN!"-heavy, wink-wink affair. We barely refer to the first flick (though I do love Lynch's proposed tagline of "They Still Don't Like You"; considering the tone of the script, an even more appropriate tagline would be "They Like You Even Less").

- Jay and Silent Bob have about as much screen time as they had in "Clerks." This is Dante and Randal's flick all the way.

- The title makes sense. Sure, there's a bit of cheekiness in there, but it's pretty appropriate, based on the material.

- We'll still be making a "Clerks" cartoon movie, separate of this.

- We almost did this flick three years ago, instead of "Strike Back." I'm glad we didn't, because I was able to say much more now than I would've then.

- That storyline about Dante and Randal shooting a movie about working at the Quick Stop is the plot of the "Clerks" CARTOON movie. It's secure. The plot of "PotC" is something completely different.

- The flick does NOT employ the tone of the "Clerks" cartoon. It's OG "Clerks" all the way.

- The flick's in both black & white and color.

- Having not seen "South Park" since season two (unless you count the movie), I was unaware they did an episode called "The Passion of the Jew." I don't know how (or if) this info will affect our title.

credit:comingsoon.net

Can't wait. I loved clerks hopefully this will be just as good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Some people are criticising Kevin Smith's decision to make a sequel but I don't see why if hes had this idea for a while and the original is probably his best film. The way I see it if he can do what hes capable of, he can do the original justice and help his career in the process(especially after Jersey Girl)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Great news cant wait to see this movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Great news!!! i just watched the cartoon and i walk out to this :D

on a completely different note...but one by the fans for the fans check out: http://www.trooperclerks.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭teck-x5

What happend to - no more jay and S.Bob movies ?

Great news non the less :D Cant wait !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

As a huge Kevin Smith fan, i can't wait for this! Really didn't enjoy Jersey Girl - we all know his films with 'dick and fart jokes' are the way to go!

Wouldn't mind getting that Clerks X DVD that has just been released in the States? Look at all the extras on it:

- Theatrical Version of the film with Audio Commentary by director Kevin Smith and cast members
    - Original Sundance Film Festival version of the film with new Audio/Video commentary by director Kevin Smith and cast members
    - "Snowball Effect" documentary (approx 150mins)
    - Animated Missing Scene
    - Mae Day: The Crumbling of a Documentary
    - Clerks original unaired TV pilot
    - Jay & Silent Bob TV spots
    - “Flying Car” short film from the Tonight Show
    - 10th Anniversary Q&A
    - Original audition tapes
    - Theatrical trailers & TV Spots
    - Soul Asylum music video: “Can’t Even Tell”
    - Girls Against Boys music video: “Kill The Sex Player”
    - Still Photo Gallery
    - DVD Rom Enhanced Playback
    - Original Kevin Smith Journals
    - Articles:
    + “The ABC’s of No-Budget Filmmaking” by Peter Broderick
    + “Learning From Low-Budgets” by Peter Broderick
    + “Reels and Deals” by Amy Taubin
    + “Rush Week” by Amy Taubin
    + “At A Convenience Store, Coolness To Go” by Janet Maslin
    + IFFM 1993 program note by Kevin Smith
    + 1994 Sundance Film Festival program note by Robert Hawk
    + “The Odd Couple: Sundance 1994” by John Pearson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭teck-x5

Have mine orderd on cdwow.ie. And only 26.99. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

God, I hope that they don't fúck this up. And I've just seen Jersey Girl...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Jebus Kevin Smith has really run out of ideas. I hope he doesn't fúck this up but to be honest I'm not hopeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Kevin Smith really deserves a beating with a fish for Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back and Jersey Girl. Maybe this will be better, but it has already gotten off to a bad start with a stupid title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

teck-x5 wrote:
    What happend to - no more jay and S.Bob movies ?

Jersey Girl, obviously.

Smith runs into serious trouble whenever he steers clear of fart gags.

Jason Mewes has a drug problem and his 'friend' is going to cast him yet again as a drug user. Some friend Smith is. He should be imprisoned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

Jay got worse with his drug problem when Smith said he wasn't doing anymore jay and silent bob movies. So smith told him to clean up his act and he'll do another one.

[RUMOUR]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Juggalo wrote:
    Jay got worse with his drug problem when Smith said he wasn't doing anymore jay and silent bob movies. So smith told him to clean up his act and he'll do another one.

[RUMOUR]

Not a rumour, tis true.

And Jersey Girl was reasonably decent. And Clerks 2 was written before Jersey Girl opened. And Agent Orange is talking out his arse when it comes to Mewes and Smith, and implying that Smith isn't a good friend to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

unless it's the perfect film (a sort of audio/visual purity), I'd say at least 10% of the originals fans won't like, and the more popular it is, the less they'll like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i think it's looking like a much better affair then jersey girl, but i'll agree with cactus col, when it comes out, you KNOW kevin smith will be on jay leno and making this film just as big as jersey girl, alienating his original audience.

so i guess then we can expect a clerks box set sometime in the future ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Clerks is great. hope they don't bring back the Veronica and what's her face. I like it better when Dante's not bitching about this.

Advertisement