Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Dive [by Bernie Chowdhury]

Options
  • 06-09-2004 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

I've just finished reading The Last Dive by Bernie Chowdhury (ISBN:0-694-52316-X) and its turned out to be a cracking read.

Its all about a father - son buddy pair who die on a dive. Don't worry i haven't spoiled anything for anyone, it says it right there on the cover "A father and son's fatal descent into the Oceans Depths".

Anyway, it would be more interesting for divers but would also be a good read for non divers. Technical divers especially will be able to relate to some of the stuff that happens throughout the book. Everything is pretty well explained anyway.

Anyway, it'll cost you about 14/15euro including shipping from amazon .

<edit>I should point out that some of the stuff in that book scared the bejesus out of me! :eek: </edit>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭donny

I just finished reading Shadow Divers... picked it up a few months back but only got around to reading it recently. The father and son are mentioned in this book as well. The book is based around the discovery and identification of a U-boat found off the Eastern U.S. coast. I found it a great read. I've been meaning to read "The Last Dive" for a while now. Will do when I've a chance.

Shadow Divers is available from amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Yep, they died trying to find out the identification of the UBoat.

John Chatterton had some pair of brass balls to find out the uboat number. From the outside i would have to say he got a bit too obsessed with it, i mean its a uboat... enjoy the dive and leave it at that.

Advertisement