Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking 2500+

Options
  • 06-09-2004 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Just outta curiosity anyone tried doin anything like this to unlock the multipliers on there locked 2500+ barton.

Gave it a shot there but didnt seem to work went straight for 24X but to know affect dont think i went deep enough cause i think there's a protective layer over the whole thing??

OK so im now editing this thread to make sure nobody makes the dumb as idea of trying to do what i did, as i said before about the protective layer i decided to go deeper but this time my comp wont even start the green led wont come on when powered up (and yes there is power to the comp) thus leaving me to the conclusion i have , like so many of you say, fubarred my Processor

So if anyone has any idea how to fix this small problem of mine could they let me know as soon as possible as i now have no computer else i will have to buy a new CPU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Ouch why didn't you just raise the fsb.

Get a 2400 mobile next time, at least you have the unlocked multi's then and they overclock a lot more than the normal bartons.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Yea the whole unlocking thing only works on VIA and SIS chipsets. Nforce2 is a no no.

Rejoin the bridges / reverse what you have done. You can get conductive paint and fill the pits to reconnect the bridges. Have a google for the L5 mod (will give you an idea of how to re-join , and fix the problem). It shouldnt be perminent, quite a few people f*ck up that type of mod and get away with it........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

He's not getting away with it, the CPU is well fuc5ed. He's going to get a mobile 2400+ - and of course when he gets it he will OC it till it screams, or dies :p - Dave can't leave his poor PC components in peace :D

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

hey hey this is the first bit of hardware i've actullay broken experience is the best teacher after all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

davkav wrote:
    hey hey this is the first bit of hardware i've actullay broken experience is the best teacher after all
    Stop trying to gain experience, it will be cheaper in the long run ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement