Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anything Else

• 06-09-2004 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

I saw this the other night here in Berlin (I'm only here for a short while). Has anyone else seen it? Any reason why it's not on release in Ireland? Have any of Woody's films gotten cinema release in Ireland? Seems a bit mad that it's showing in two independent cinemas within spitting distance of each other in central Berlin (one dubbed in German and one in English with Gerrman subtitles) but that it's nowhere to be found in Ireland. Then there's the added confusion as it was actually finished last year but is only now getting an airing. Obviously some distribution issues that have only been partially rectified.

Anyway. My verdict: Definitely worth seeing, quite entertaining, but not even close to being on a par with his others. It's a simple enough story of personal fears and relationships and the attempt to understand life and death. It's the chiched Allen formula, but the twist is that he's no the one trying to work through these problems - it's Jason Biggs that plays the same neurotic character that Woody himself played in earlier films. ANd likewise - Christina Ricci's character is Mary (Diane Keaton's character) in Manhattan. It is a tad boring it must be said but if you're an Allen fan you will get something out of it. If not an Allen fan, you'll dislike him even more so don't see it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Actually I saw it in the UGC in Parnell St. about a month ago.
    Quite good yes.

I've also seen Deconstructing Harry, Everyone says i love, Sweet and lowdown, small time crooks: all in irish cinemas in recent years...

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Well that's ok then! I just couldn't recall. Glad to see we Irish ain't that bad.

Advertisement