Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

04-D Rolls-Royce Phantom spotted

Options
  • 07-09-2004 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

Howya Lads,

Just thought I'd share this one with ye. I was in Naas last night waiting to pull left out at a junction on the way home. Anyways I was sitting there watching for traffic coming from the right when I noticed this absolute beast of a yoke following behind a Land Rover Dicovery on the main street. When it got closer I couldn't believe it but it was a brand new silver 04 Rolls Royce Phantom. I was expecting it to have an English reg, but it was 04 - D - 64***. I was just amazed to see one registered in this country given that with all the VRT you probably wouldn't see much change for €500k. I pulled out behind it and then when we reached a set of traffic lights I got a chance to pull up beside it and have a good look at it. I was going to slap out the mobile and take a picture but I thought I'd just look like an oikish member of the lower classes so I gave the driver a cursory glance before driving off. Anyone else spotted it? Also, has anyone seen the Maybach 57 that does be tipping around the Southside on occasion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

wouldn't it be lovely to see a learner in a Micra hitting it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

wouldn't it be lovely to see a learner in a Micra hitting it :D
    LOL that would be quality stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

probably wouldn't even make a dent

I saw a TV program a few years back where they showed the aftermath of a rolls hitting a mini in London - the roller didn't look like it had been in an accident at all, the mini didn't look like it had ever been a car, it was flattened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

From F=MA type physics, the heavier a car is the more likely the occupants are to survive a crash. The Rolls is not a long way off two tonnes I think.
    There's a Bentley Continental GT on D plates parked just down by Sydney Parade dart station...might get a pic tomorrow on the camera phone (I am an oikish member of the lower classes so no problem there :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Two Tonnes!! Sombody is compensating for something.......

Hey skyhighflyer, was the owner driving or being driven - thats the true sign they are rich enough to own one of those mobile sittingrooms.

'ceptr

Yes, I will admit jealousy......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

The Roller weighs closer to three tonnes believe it or not. Interceptor, there were two pretty well-off looking lads in suits sitting in the front of the car, but I don't know if they were both rich bastards or if one was a chauffeur. Shows how much of a car nerd I am that it made my day seeing it lol. About the Micra hitting it, I was in my Saxo (I'm 18 - full license) and thats the first thing I thought about when ! was behind it, how royally ****** up the arse I would be if I were to hit it. Still, it's nice to know that despite being taxed up to the hilt, there's still cars in Ireland to match those of anywhere else. I think I saw that black Bentley continental GT at Punchestown this year. Does it have kind of stylish number plates? Also i saw a black Aston DB9 in the Liffey Valley car park the other day, there was literally a 20 strong crowd of scumbags standing around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Not to start a p***ing contest - but I saw two Irish reg Bentleys on Monday and one of them was a new Continental GT. For those of you who've not seen one....http://thewallpapers.narod.ru/archive03/free-desktop-wallpaper-bentley-continental-gt-1024x768.jpg

First time I've seen one in the flesh - thankfully the driver looked far too middle aged to be bling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I've seen a couple of Bentley GTs now, and to be honest, I don't really like them. They look more functional than stylish, I mean if you have that much cash burning a hole in your pocket, you're into Ferrari and Lambo territory which is no contest to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Merrion wrote:
    The Rolls is not a long way off two tonnes
    The Roller weighs closer to three tonnes

Right in the middle 2485 Kg :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

There's a UK Reg 'RR04 XXX' Rolls Royce Phantom parked regularly outside the Citywest hotel entrance along with a Bentley Arnage a couple of yards away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

saw a Bently Continental GT on merrion square there last month, stood there for 5 minutes :D
    Block A level 1 in the short term car park in the airport is great for nice cars thats where all the rich ba$tards seem to park, saw a Phaeton(only 4 in country), A8's, s classes and sl & cl 55 all in abundance aswell! drool

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

I'm curious...how much would one of those phantoms cost over here.....

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

There's a UK Reg 'RR04 XXX' Rolls Royce Phantom parked regularly outside the Citywest hotel entrance along with a Bentley Arnage a couple of yards away.

Yep. I think I remember reading they were buying one at some stage.

dcGT wrote:
    I'm curious...how much would one of those phantoms cost over here.....

If you need to ask that question, you can't afford it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

unkel wrote:
    If you need to ask that question, you can't afford it :D

I'm just wondering exactly how much VRT I'll have to cough up and thinking about how good I'll feel after financially contributing so much to my beloved country :rolleyes:

DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Well after seeing the new DB9 rolling around howth a few times I met for lunch with a friend who knows him. The guy also has on eof those new BMW 6 series convertible and a Merc SL500. Lucky bastard. Sold his freight company to Royal Mail and the Aston Martin was part of the deal

After checking out the Phantom close up at Citywest, I walked by a CL500 in the car park. Compared to the workmanship put into the Roller, I can say with sincerity that the CL500 looked like a piece of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Hmm was driving along beside an SL55 AMG there a few weeks ago on Pearse St.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

here's a bit of info on the "Phantom"

Phantom for mem who suffer from SWS :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ian21

I was in Citywest last night and that 04 phantom was sat outside the front door of Citywest hotel...along with 3 05 blacked out Range Rovers...Ah how the other half lives...I think that Jim Mansfield owns it..The chap who owns citywest and weston aerodrome...Its some car alright...It looks like a tank

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ian21

Was walking by a recruitment office in Walkinstown the other day and saw a cram 04 bentley arnage along with an orange type 05 range rover sport...Have seen those bentley gts around town...Louis walsh drives one i think...Johnny ronan of treasury holdings owns the maybach

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

When people get rich they lose all sense of taste. the phantom and the maybach are ugly cars and a pure testament to decadence not taste.
    if u want taste and decadence buy a 1979 rolls royce silver shadow 2 in mint condition...

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

rolls, maybach, a couple of astons, a 550 and a lambo all owned by that citywest dude, you see them on the naas road a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

For the size of the car, the roller is not that heavy - my old 91 Mitsi gto tipped the scales at 1840kg!! and my 300zx tt comes in at 1500kg.
    I saw a Maybach on M50 last week, purpley sort of colour.
    If its a black Gallardo it belongs to my cousin who has a house along with my uncle and 2 other cousins in citywest, at least one of the range rovers is his to, and the black 7 series, and blue m5, and a black hummer. Afaik they all hang out with Mansfield et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

There are 2 Maybachs in the southside as far as I know. One is Enyas managers car, and he lives just down the road from me. You can't see far into that house, let me tell you. I've often seen it pulling out and driving down Church Road towards Rochestown Avenue or thereabouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Aidan1

There are a pair of Maybachs registered here, and both spend quite a bit of time in the Ringsend area. Both owners are well known, ie Ronan of Treasury Holdings and Enya.

That said, neither the Phantom nor the Maybach would be the most expensive car sold here recently - that'd fall to the Porsche Carrera GT sold here last year. There were about 12-14 Continental GTs sold here, sooo common dahling. And you have to be over 55, bald and overweight to drive one, by all accounts.

Personally, I'd take one of the new 911 Carrera S's I've seen around, or that lovely navy Dublin registered Ferrari 575 I keep seeing around the place.

Aidan1 wrote:
    There are a pair of Maybachs registered here, and both spend quite a bit of time in the Ringsend area. Both owners are well known, ie Ronan of Treasury Holdings and Enya.

That said, neither the Phantom nor the Maybach would be the most expensive car sold here recently - that'd fall to the Porsche Carrera GT sold here last year. There were about 12-14 Continental GTs sold here, sooo common dahling. And you have to be over 55, bald and overweight to drive one, by all accounts.

Personally, I'd take one of the new 911 Carrera S's I've seen around, or that lovely navy Dublin registered Ferrari 575 I keep seeing around the place.

The phantoms are supposed to cost in the region of 600,000 to 700,000 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

There is also 2 Enzo's registered in Ireland in the last 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i have seen loads of bentley gt's around dublin. my dads friend has a arnage.and i also got to drive a ferrari f430 last week. i really donot know why people like the disgusting maybach or phantom. id u spend that much money u would want to drive it urself and wonot want a driver.:D i am mad into sport cars so thats my own choice but some people like drivers to chaffeur them around.i have seen 2-3 different phantoms around dublin and also got a ride in a maybach.they are nice but not worth the money

• Advertisement

There is also 2 Enzo's registered in Ireland in the last 6 months.

You're sure that's in the Republic? I saw a list a while back with the full allocation and none went over here. Maybe they went to the North?

Advertisement