Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeantech cases opinions

Options
  • 07-09-2004 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭

Hi

Any opinions on Jeantech Cases / PSU's??

*COUGH* PC WORLD *COUGH* have this model for E89 and it looks lovely, window, plenty of fans, 300w PSU etc etc I've priced on-line and it is competitive (I don't have to pay delivery either!) ... (in case the link is dodge it is a JN099 LIGHT FUSION 300W)

(My budget is toi-ight (tight))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Odd i got same case there about 5 months ago for €55 , PSU is a noisy bitch and best replaced quickly but the case is very good, comes with 2 case fans and slot for one more.

Dunno if its worth 90 online it was about that when i got mine.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=156218
    kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I've got that exact case, and just so you know, I bought it for only €55 in pc world in limerick 6 months ago cos i needed something in a hurry and it was simply the cheapest available

Tis an ok case but the psu seems to be really weak, tisn't a problem for me as i have it running a p2 but am upgrading to a xp2800+ and don't know how well it will run my stuff.

a few niggly points regarding the case itself, fans are really loud out of the box (i think you can oil them to make them quieter) there are no vents at the front for air intake even though there are mounts for a fan there. the temperature sensors that control the fans (automatically) are really short so in effect only one of them works, and finally the side panel isn't completely flush when you put it on so there may be problems with the screws losing threads in future.

As I said the psu seems to be the major problem and if i was buying a new cae now I'd go for one of the following

Antec Sonata

Antec SLK 2600

or a chenbro gaming bomb don't know what the psu is like on this though, and you can get the case and a decent psu for a similar price from jes, if you're buying other stuff off of them

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Yeah I picked this up for €50 from PC world not so long ago. Not that bad for €50 but don't think I'd pay €90t for it. Try www.dtl.ie although the site seems to be down at the minute. They've a good range and cheap shipping.

Advertisement