Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb - any good for online games ?

• 07-09-2004 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm currently an IOL BB User, but I'm thinking of changing to Digiweb (I live in Drogheda) - this would mean I could get rid of my land line phone also (which I only have for the ADSL Carrier signal).

Anyhow - I've heard rumour that Wireless Broadband is not great for online gaming (I use both PC and X-Box Live). Has anybody any information about this ?

Thanks !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

deadl0ck wrote:
    Anyhow - I've heard rumour that Wireless Broadband is not great for online gaming (I use both PC and X-Box Live). Has anybody any information about this ?
    Line of sight wireless (like that provided by Digiweb) can actually be better than DSL for gaming, when it is properly installed and working.

Unfortunately, wireless connections can be subject to interference, and a perfectly good signal can degrade to the point that it's not very usable. This shouldn't happen to maost users, but you only get to hear about the people who have problems, so it may be the perception that the problem is worse than it really is.

Advertisement