Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dialling Code

• 07-09-2004 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Can anyone help (before i break my phone). Where would this prefix code be coming from 0180 - i'm getting silent calls all morning and its bugging the life outa me.

Next step would be to ring the number but just wanted to get an idea where it is before I do.

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

doesnt seem to be an irish area code.. could be northern irish though..

Tox

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I'm getting something which may be the same, but my caller ID on my home phone is restricted to the amount of digits it can display, so it appears as 800-123-123, but in actual fact its a 1800 number which is eircom trying to make sales calls.

(I can't remember the actual number, so the 123 is just an example)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MF2HD

i bet thats what it is , idiots, :rolleyes: cant sell to someone if your phones wonky, idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

would i be stupid to suggest its 01-8_________? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

TimAy wrote:
    would i be stupid to suggest its 01-8_________? ;)
    That's what I was thinking. Just ring back the number from a phone that has ID dissabled, or turn it off on your phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

is the number +180

or +353180

if its +180 its somewhere in the carabean

+353180 sounds like north dublin if i am not mistaken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

if its +180 its somewhere in the carabean
    Which is why I suggest you don't phone back.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MF2HD

exactly my reasoning for not wanting to ring it lol .....it just appears as the following 0180 xxx xxxx.

calls have stopped for the mo, but thanks for the brainstorming guys. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

what were the first three digits after the 0180?

Dominican Republic 001809
    Midway Island 001808

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I remember getting a few calls like this at work. Doesn't appear as a dublin number, and i thought it was from the north, but when i answered it was a local/mobile call. Still haven't figured t out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭blobert

I've been getting a lot of similar calls. When I answer the phone it just makes noises like its trying to send a fax. Most annoying when it happens about 20 times in a day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I think delly's right. I got a few calls from eircom and the number was very similar to that.

Advertisement