Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Morrison wants revenge for Frei's 'racist' jibe

• 07-09-2004 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

racist jibe?

"Clinton Morrison added an extra edge to Ireland's already fraught World Cup qualifier in Switzerland tomorrow by claiming he had been racially abused during the two sides' meeting here last October.
    The Birmingham striker insisted he had not forgotten an alleged racist remark made by the Swiss striker Alexander Frei during the 2-0 defeat last year. That match was conducted in a bitter atmosphere, with Frei's exuberant goal celebrations prompting Mark Kinsella to aim a water bottle at him from the touchline.

Frei will be unavailable for tomorrow's fixture since he is currently serving a ban for having spat at Steven Gerrard during Switzerland's Euro 2004 meeting with England.

"They did us last year in the European Championships," said Morrison, "and there were a lot of things going on in the game which weren't nice.

"Hopefully we can take the form we showed against Cyprus forward and get another win. I am a bit disappointed [Frei misses the game] because he made a remark to me in the game, which I owe him one for.

"It was like a racist remark. I don't really want to repeat it. He said it on the pitch which I went mad about. I will get him when he comes to Dublin." "

Between racist comments and spitting at people, Frei appears to be a right scumbag, he'll get a toasty warm reception at Lansdowne.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Kone wrote:
    Between racist comments and spitting at people, Frei appears to be a right scumbag, he'll get a toasty warm reception at Lansdowne.
    Aye, this is one of those times where it actually is OK2boo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

What does by saying he will 'get him'???

Now that interview is unproffesionalism at its finest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I wonder what - "it was like a racist remark" means?

I've no doubt though that Frei is a scumbag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

"I am a bit disappointed [Frei misses the game] because he made a remark to me in the game, which I owe him one for.
    That's a bit foolish. This information should be used after the event for increasing book sales etc. Saying it before the event will make refs aware and if he does actually do something and he'll be in hot water, premeditation and all that. Alternatively he could do nothing and then he's just mouthing off for no reason (which I wouldn't put past him).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

He is a bit of a mouth alright! should be more worried about tryin to finish all those chance he gets that if Frei is playin or not!! anyway cant see how he seen that much of Frei as both are forwards!! dont really see Frei tracking back for corners!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Big Nelly wrote:
    He is a bit of a mouth alright! should be more worried about tryin to finish all those chance he gets that if Frei is playin or not!! anyway cant see how he seen that much of Frei as both are forwards!! dont really see Frei tracking back for corners!

However Morrison is often back for Irish corners and that scares me! :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

with Frei's exuberant goal celebrations prompting Mark Kinsella to aim a water bottle at him from the touchline.

HAHAHAHAHA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

Hes another mcateer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Kone wrote:
    racist jibe?
    That match was conducted in a bitter atmosphere, with Frei's exuberant goal celebrations prompting Mark Kinsella to aim a water bottle at him from the touchline.

Yea and Kinsella could not even hit him with the bottle....we could not get anything wright that day.

Maybe if Kinsella gets in a good postion (in the front row,because he will not be playing) for the home game he will hit him this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Dub13 wrote:
    Yea and Kinsella could not even hit him with the bottle....we could not get anything wright that day.

Maybe if Kinsella gets in a good postion (in the front row,because he will not be playing) for the home game he will hit him this time.

U cud put Kinsella and Morrison both standing a foot away from him and da 2 muppets wud miss him!! joint effort of been stupid! haha!

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote:
    U cud put Kinsella and Morrison both standing a foot away from him and da 2 muppets wud miss him!! joint effort of been stupid! haha!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Did anybody feel that Clint earned himself a yellow card last night because of his comments the other day? To me he didn't seem to have done anthing other than get into a slagging match with the keeper.

I think Roy Keane also earned a card purely on reputation because the Ref didn't give Yakin a card for what seem like handbags at ten paces. Either both of them or neither should of got a card!

B.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Did anybody feel that Clint earned himself a yellow card last night because of his comments the other day? To me he didn't seem to have done anthing other than get into a slagging match with the keeper.

I think Roy Keane also earned a card purely on reputation because the Ref didn't give Yakin a card for what seem like handbags at ten paces. Either both of them or neither should of got a card!

B.

I thought both Clinton and Roy's cards were harsh and don't get me started on the linesmens decisions!

/Kone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I heard (from a reliable source) that the conversation went something like this

Frei : "Hey Morrison you IRISH n*****!"
    Clint : "Who you callin' Irish?"

Pigman II wrote:
    I heard (from a reliable source) that the conversation went something like this

Frei : "Hey Morrison you IRISH n*****!"
    Clint : "Who you callin' Irish?"

LOL :D:);)

Advertisement