Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

me shower is banjaxed

Options
  • 07-09-2004 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

the shower decided to pack it in today...

yesterday the motor sounded funny...

i reckon the motor is gone...its a triton t 90i....how difficult is it to replace, cost etc, could i do it myself or should i bite the bullet and "get a man in"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

had probelms a few months back with the girlfriend electric shower.
    Turned out the problem was the isolation switch. Just replaced it and everything was honkey dorey. no need for an electriain or plumber.

If that doesnt work have a look at the thread i posted (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=144628) and try getting in contact The syco. He had a triton wall unit that might fit the bill that you could install yerself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Scruff wrote:
    Turned out the problem was the isolation switch. Just replaced it and everything was honkey dorey. no need for an electriain or plumber.

i dont think its that, it was working yesterday but it sounded funny...more high pitched

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

giftgrub wrote:
    i dont think its that, it was working yesterday but it sounded funny...more high pitched
    you could replace it yourself easy enough, especially if you go for the same model.
    Just remove the power first and then remove the front cover. Mine's a T80i so it has 2 screws (one top, one bottom) holding it on.
    Behind that you'll find the electrical connections and the shower unit housing mounting screws. Once the electrical connections are removed and the unit off the wall it's basically the opposite of what you did.
    Make sure the electricals are tight down real tight and when you put the housing cover back on that the seal is intact.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Aye same as, issue was that the shape of the box had changed so that there were a few missing tiles that is all.
    Bar that the wiring and water feed were in the same position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

triton send someone out them selves. I think they are called Earthridge or something like that. I've had my T90i repaired a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Do you know if its still under warrantee?
    Anyway, could be a number of things. Blocked filter being a common one.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Scruff wrote:
    Turned out the problem was the isolation switch. Just replaced it and everything was honkey dorey.
    Just some questions with the comment above.

1.Is the isolation switch a separate unit or is it a part ti the shower?
    2. I have a problem with a triton t90i. It comes on ok but it is sometimes very slow to heat up. When it does decide to heat up it's fine and works away until the next day, you turn it on the pump part comes on but you have to wait for the heating mechanism to kick in, sometimes for minutes at a time. I think it's like a faulty "temp cut out" switch or something like this. Want to know if they are available and whether they are easy to fit??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I had the thermostat fixed in mine. It was either €70 to get it done, or free under the warranty. I can't remember now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I installed one of these a while ago ,easy enough to do , just make sure water is off and power is off then its a simple plug in job. Due tot he internals if anything goes best to buy a new one unless under warranty.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

You can buy all the bits for Triton showers, an electrical wholesaler will help you out (Kellihers, CT Electgrial), I agree with the above , the above problem sounds like the pump, they scream when they go and it is very common. Tritons guys are only for quaranteed units, Ive seen pumps replaced and the shower continue on for a long time (as in still going) the only thing about them is that it is usually worth getting em fixed, the problems in one dont usually have a knock on effect so they are worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 allynne100

Please could someone help.

My Tritio shower does not work.
    If i press the start button nothing happens - no red light, nothing

Any idears?

Many Thanks
    Simon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 allynne100

Please could someone help.

My Triton shower does not work.
    If i press the start button nothing happens - no red light, nothing

Any idears?

Many Thanks
    Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

1) is the power getting to the shower? fuse/trip ok?

2) how old is it, showers last 10 years max.

3) what model?

4) don't mess around with it , 8.5 kw will kill u quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

OP the high pitched noise is probably caused because the water supply to the shower has blocked, i.e. it is not getting enough water. HAd this problem with mine, took of the inlet pipe and flushed it out. The filter on the shower inlet was blocked.

Advertisement