Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

Options
  • 07-09-2004 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

hey...anyone played this demo yet.....just wondering if its a new MOH or the same over again??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56513

the boys aren't imressed
    average graphics, terrible AI (100% banzai charge), and uninteresting action.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

the demo sucked tbh...nothing there to make me think "oh cool, I want this game"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Its okaaaaaay.
    Seems like a terrible resource hog, my pc kinda crawled with it (and im playing doom 3 no worries). The contorls are sooo sluggish, and for such a resource hog the gfx are nice, but no doom 3. My first thought when playing it was "Oh look, its EA copying call of duty...only not as good"

Is there any sign of the advertised (from it's tech demos) physics at work?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

yes it has multiple objective routes like farcry new feature but doesnt make up for the crappy game we will have to wait and see

• Advertisement

well if the demo's utter tripe... :\
    Shame, but what do you expect when most of the MOHAA team left for CoD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

I don't like the fact that it's far too easy, which is not helped by the already mentioned banzai charges, straight into your line of fire :rolleyes: .And the graphics already look dated which is a shame.There's plenty of action from the start though, but like doom3, it's all scripted.

Play.com have the games release date as 12/11/2004, which is when half-life2 is rumoured to be released.Hmmmm..........I wonder which game people will spend their hard earned cash on ;) .Going by the demo, there's little competition !.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

yeah had a look at the demo last nite...big pile of pants...:rolleyes: ..think the cash would be better spent on the COD expansion

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Playing the game now and I'm impressed with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

More of the same tbh.
    Just played it for the last two hours and rather than "I can't wait for the next section" I was more like "I have a bit more time on my hands so I may as well see what's next.

I'm glad other people found it a resource hog. With an XP2400, 9700pro and a gig of ddr2700 it was still stuttering a bit in places with everything on medium.

Any opinions on Men of Valor? Might try that next.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

apparrently its not quite as bad as we were expecting. Eurogamer gave it a pretty glowing 8/10 review.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57139

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

kensutz wrote:
    Playing the game now and I'm impressed with it

Is it worth buying? have HL2 on the way so not sure about forking out more hard earned yo yo on another game if nothing new when compared to CoD!

Advertisement