Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bandit, too much bike for me?

Options
  • 07-09-2004 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

i've been on a 200cc scooter for the last 2 years, time to move on to something bigger

i was thinking about a suzuki gs 500 or honda cb500, but then i saw the bandit 600...which i think is much cooler

i have a full licence but i would be restricted to 33bhp for another year...my big worry is that the 600cc would be a little too much and i'd end up another national safety council statistic.

any advice apreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

quick answer is that, no it won't be too much for you.

There is a factory restricted version of the Bandit available as well, which would mean cheap insurance.

Just take it easy when you first get it, and put aside a few hundred bucks for training.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

If you've survived on a scooter for 2 years the Bandit probably won't be too much to move to. I moved from a 125 cruiser to a 400cc bike after 2 months. I got the 125 becuase I was nervous about getting too much power (yeah right ;) ) but the extra power and weight is a good thing on open roads.

The one thing you mightn't be able to handle is the insurance :( The bike shop on Wexford sells the restricted Bandit. Not sure of other shops.

Have you sat on one, taken a test ride? It might look cool, but does it suit you? Will you be able to ride it for 3 hours at a go??? You know you'll want to :D

Advertisement