Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few questions about NTL

• 07-09-2004 3:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

OK just a few Q's about NTL

1: Does their current free trial make you sign a 12 month contract!?

2: I presume that I have to connect my phone lines via eircom?
    How much would this cost! or does it come via cable (coax?)

3: Is there a deal that if you get BB you can get cable or digital TV @ discount price's or are they seperate services

4: If I take the NTL free 3 months offer could I then take esats free 3 months offer after that ;)

5: Is it available in dublin 9 (swords road)

cheers :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

I cannot understand why people do not do research

NTL is cable, eircom DSL. So no you don't need a phone line. And yes you can therefore have the Esat trial afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

1800 321 321

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

So people get slated for asking a question nowadays

I you have nothing good to say then dont say ;)

Was actually going to edit my post to say that i found out a little more about these questions but......

hey, I didn't slate you!

I just gave a you phone number where you would get all the info you need!

not directed at you cyber cheers for the number

Ill ring them later, however i did hear that NTL's customer care are less then perfect hence why i asked the questiosn in the first place, but anyway cheers again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

If you can get NTL then its probably not worth getting ESAT afterwards. NTL is the best residential broadband service available in the country bar down in Dungarven. €50 for a 1.5 meg line is nothing to sniff at at all!

By all means try the NTL. Its cable, comes in on Coax. They supply a modem. I found them very quick to install the service for me (less than 1 week after i ordered, i was online) and i have had nothing but joy from the connection. Lower connection speeds are 750kbps and 300kbps. Check out http://www.ntl.com/locales/ie/en/athome/internet_faqs_always_on.html for more info

if only they had more than 1GB allowance per day,

but yea, like Boro said, you won't move to esat afterwards, even if it's free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Gabbo

CyberGhost they are not enforcing that 1GB per day it even says it on there website somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

jank wrote:
    So people get slated for asking a question nowadays

I you have nothing good to say then dont say ;)

Was actually going to edit my post to say that i found out a little more about these questions but......

i sympatise with you Jank,some in here think they gods and get on there high horses when someone needs help,im sure they started at bottom of ladder in there little lifes....

Got NTL myself and im very happy with it,even had the cable installed for them before they came,put it up through hot press into Attic and end of cable beside computer as i knew they were going to throw a cable over my roof down into the back of my house...The look on the installers faces..hehe i was there last drop and they was delighted to get off early as it was Friday...

goodluck with it

Gabbo, nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

does anyone know if its avaliable in the Dutch village (woodford) area of clondalkin (D22) ???

not in clondalkin(D22), live there, asked them

mad m wrote:
    i sympatise with you Jank,some in here think they gods and get on there high horses when someone needs help,im sure they started at bottom of ladder in there little lifes....

Got NTL myself and im very happy with it,even had the cable installed for them before they came,put it up through hot press into Attic and end of cable beside computer as i knew they were going to throw a cable over my roof down into the back of my house...The look on the installers faces..hehe i was there last drop and they was delighted to get off early as it was Friday...

goodluck with it

Cheers

The reason im asking about NTL is that ive heard very good things about them but as im form cork ,well its unavailable to me and secondly because of that i know absolutly nothing about them cause i didnt need to in the first place

Im on UTV clicksilver at home but moving out to dublin for college so i just wanted to know could i get cheap or "free" BB in dublin for a few months hence this thread
    (I even got bad karma for asking these questions! :rolleyes: )

I like the idea of 6 months free BB though :D

Im all the wiser now though thanks to the community spirit :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

jank wrote:
    (I even got bad karma for asking these questions! :rolleyes: )
    Don't worry about it - people even hand out bad karma to those of us who actually answer questions too.

(Especially the people who won't take yes for an answer the first time, and keep asking in the hope that someone will give them a different answer to the same question).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

Well I posted two answers - which is more answers than I have seen on the rest of the thread!

query wrote:
    Well I posted two answers - which is more answers than I have seen on the rest of the thread!

Good for you ;)

Advertisement