Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grrrrr, help with the Talos quest in BG2 ***SPOILERS***

Options
  • 11-10-2000 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Right, one of the about 6 quests i have to do atm is the Talos one where you have to get some jewel or something from a woman in the Talos Temple for Me'evar so you can prove your 'loyalty' to him.

Went there, was in the room with the strange spinnny thing, have checked all the rooms, killed everyone smile.gif no jewel have I found.

I've been down the sewers too in case there was another way in through them, and though I found other interesting gear I couldnt find a way in to the Talos temple that might lead to another area I havent been in yet.

From the outside the building looks like its two storeys but I cant find any way up or a basement within. Consequently I have just cleared off to get the trolls of yer wan Nalia's mansion as that seems a bit more straightforward smile.gif

Any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Go to the Temple district. The temple you have to rob the jewel is the second from the right in the top left area.

When you go into the temple there should be be a large statue with a spinning globe spraying light. Head to the right side and there is a small circular area with a table and safe and chest.

The gem is in the safe, but it's trapped and locked. It's also alarmed and as soon as you open it the whole church will open up a can of whoopass on you. smile.gif

The hardest one will be the priests, I got around them by sending in monsters to attack and a nymph to dominate him and get him to attack the temple guards so when the domination wears off they open up on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

nah thats the Gold Statue of Lathander which I got, but I havent actually been given that quest.

I'm talking about the Talos temple in the lower left of that area, near two entries to the sewers.....

Failing my words of wisdom check out...
    http://www.bgdungeon.com/bg2/

Be warned it's possible to really mess up the excitment of the game. I've only looked once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

goddammit i'm thinking of starting again cos having looked at the chapter 1 walkthru which I thought i had completed I realised that i missed quite a bit of stuff AND killed Aerie in the circus tent cos i didnt realise at that point that it was an illusion smile.gif

As for that necklace I searched where it is supposed to be, but it aint - however I think I know what happened. Amonen was leading my party at the time so he prolly searched the chest and got the necklace cos it defaults to the leader for those actions. I since got rid of him cos he was an annoying do-gooder twat and I think he went back to the Copper Coronet - that is where you meet him isnt it?

Ach tonight i'll just go back there get him back in the party for a minute and see if he has the damn thing.

It depends when you dump Anomen. If he hasn't taken the test yet he will be at the copper coronet, otherwise he would be at the test area in the Goverment district.

If you get his main quest, and you play the quest so that he can take the test then later on he goes postal and kills 10 or so people and the knights hide him. After that I don't know if you can get him back. To be honest he was annoying me.

Jaharia is another who annoys me. When I play again I'm going to play an all evil team and kill them first chance smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement