Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with nipple piercing

Options
  • 07-09-2004 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭

I've had a nipple piercing for about 3 months now, and yesterday I noticed some dried blood around one side of it. The piercing looks like it's torn a little there, and it bleeds after I clean it. What should I do? Should I take it out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Blisterman wrote:
    I've had a nipple piercing for about 3 months now, and yesterday I noticed some dried blood around one side of it. The piercing looks like it's torn a little there, and it bleeds after I clean it. What should I do? Should I take it out?

I would say you should clean it well with a salt wash and repeat up to three or four times a day.
    Normally this type of stuff is as a result of an infection.
    Have you taken them out before? What type of piercing is it? If it is a ball closure ring then always make sure to twist it all the way through when you are cleaning it to make sure that you clean it all out. Bars can be more difficult and if that is a problem then either take it out yourself and clean the bar and the piercing completely with sterile salt wash then put it back in VERY carefully using sterile lube. My bar in the left nipple is still not completely healed and I had it done in March last year, so no worries they can take a while to heal and 3 months is still extremely fresh for a nipple.
    If you dont feel right about doing the job yourself then go back to your piercer and have them have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Thanks, i'll do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Cindy Love

yep i have both my nipple rings pierced.ive had a few problems with em.Id suggest changing the piercing i.e if your wearing a standerd circular then maybe change to barbell or D-ring.I found/find that the pulling through-ness(god thats such bad english!!) of the piercing has reduced but in my opinion i cant see my nipples ever fully 'calming down'.There freakin sensitive and when mates/partners are bashing them it doesnt help!but yeah, change piercing ,keep em clean,dont **** with them and maybe give 'snakebite' a buzz.The lads in there are ****in sound.

for the tunes!
    http://www.freewebs.com/discordband/index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

They will eventually calm own Cindy, I have both mine done too, vertical barbell in the left and horizontal CBR in the right and it just takes time. The BCR I have had for almost 6 years now and that is totally healed and I have even started to stretch it up. It took almost 3 years before that one was completely healed. The other one is only a year and a half old so I expect that to take a year at least still. CBR is always better for cleaning as you can rotate the whole thing through the piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

i must be odd but i got my nipple done 2weeks ago and i can move the bar and play with it like my other nipple which has been pierced for 3years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well it's healing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Krispie wrote:
    play with it

Do you play with yor nipples much? :confused:

Advertisement