Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who else is doing it this year?

Options
  • 07-09-2004 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm in 3rd year(won't say what school) and I'm actually already getting a bit annoyed already with the juniour cert!

I've been told to start studying for it by my mum, which I'll start tonight. :rolleyes:

So, if anyone wishes to announce they're doing it(Or if they just wanna show off next week with their results) by all means, this is the place to post it!

Good Luck with J.C. 2005! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

*puts up hand*
    Arr, I'm in 3rd year. (Never thought I'd say that.)
    However, everyone except for my school has been telling me the junior cert means NOTHING, and I generally don't trust my school, so I'm not planning on getting too worked up over this thinger.

Study is evil... if I ignore it it'll do it itself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's a waste of time. Trust me, it isn't worth worrying over.

Signed:
    A Miscellaneous 5th year

Not a waste of time if you can GET stuff for getting 10As!

What kinda stuff? Coz 10A's = no life till after the exams, and doing a WHOLE lotta work

Originally it was a guitar and a laptop, but my parents had selective memory so I'm still working on the written contract. *mutters darkly*
    The work thing is a problem, (I already have that no life thing down pretty well) but ehh, I did pretty well in my summer tests (nothing lower than a B) and I didn't study for them, so studying for the JC just a tad may improve upon that...

• Advertisement

Make sure they're a damn good laptop and guitar, otherwise it won't be worth it

6 days till i get my results. Woohoo, I can hardly wait ¬.¬

Oh most definitely. I was thinking of throwing in an i-pod too because my CSPE teacher is dire...

I hear all the JC parties have been cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

You lucky Fúck, I wish my parents gave me money or presy's for my JC results. Mind you the only A in got was in Science and Tech Graph.

I never said I'd actually GET any of the stuff, now.
    I think the only reason my parents are at least SLIGHTLY considering making such a deal is that they believe strongly I won't get 10 As...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭coconutmonkey

I am doing it too this year, unfortunately. All my teachers are telling us how important it is, but the having a brother in 6th year kind of puts it into perspective. If you're talking about dire teachers, than i've got one for you. Its my history teacher.. He's a nice guy and all.......but we skip chapters he doesn't feel are important, or else he gives us one page summaries of them.He's at least 5 minutes late for every class, and when we have him first class he opens his post and leaves to get himself a cup of tea. Some days he just occasionaly wanders in for a couple of minutes, but then leaves again. We also have him for CSPE. The other day we asked him what we were doin for our action project and he said to us 'i havent a bloody clue to be honest'. I didnt expect much though, as he had my brother before, and they did they're action project 2 weeks before the JC. But he's a nice guy.....most of the time.

• Advertisement

Unless your planning on bringing JC to the Leaving Cert, you can actually afford to ignore chunks of the course. I never did the french revolution for instance, and I think I did well (pending next wednesday)

History and CSPE are both evil subjects anyway...
    My CSPE teacher looks to be doing that; she hadn't even mentioned action projects before this year...
    Other than that I think my teachers are relatively competent... (French teacher would probably be one of the worst, an amazing amount of people failed their french summer test because she didn't even tell us what was on the bloody paper) even if we are behind.

My poor sister (in 6th year), some of her teachers (I think it's Irish and French) are just giving them masses of stuff to.. learn off. Ugh. -.-

My English teacher can't spell. It's irritating for grammar people like me.

I got my action project done in 2nd year. Woo!

Eh I'll just make it up!
    *mutters about incompetent CSPE coot*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

My CSPE teacher looks to be doing that; she hadn't even mentioned action projects before this year...

Mine hadn't either! But, I like CSPE!

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Mine hadn't either! But, I like CSPE!
    Ewww, politics!
    Actually CSPE is mostly comprised of normal current affair day to day common knowledge so it's easy enough. I just hate it because of the teacher. (And the fact I like living under a rock and reading newspapers goes against the grain)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Im doing mine , thats all I gotta say really .

The other day in CSPE he had this little book of exercises we should do, and one of them was that we all had to sit in a circle and pretend to be passing around a sleeping puppy, trying not to wake it. So basically we just kinda cupped our hands and moved them around. I was not happy! He's normally above that! He's very against the stupid rules in my school. I got a new French teacher this year, and the other day she gave us a 'test' on the regular present tense. To be honest, i was quite insulted. Did she think we were her first year class?

I got a new French teacher this year, and the other day she gave us a 'test' on the regular present tense. To be honest, i was quite insulted. Did she think we were her first year class?
    Some people in my class don't even know the present tense... And we're all supposed to be doing honours...

Are they those people who just sit in the back of the class all day writing on the tables in tipp-ex, and talking about drinking at 'the wezz'? I dont want to sound nerdy but its like come on! Just listen for a second!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Yea I'm doing the Big JC this year, very nervious about the hole thing, it like one of the biggest and mostest importantest exams I'll ever sit. My mummy and daddy have promised to bring me to disney land though if I do well, yea.

Ps, anybody know how to factorise yet, it seems so hard, and I need all the help I can get.

Em....I dont really know how to reply to that, so i'll just smile and laugh.

Are they those people who just sit in the back of the class all day writing on the tables in tipp-ex, and talking about drinking at 'the wezz'? I dont want to sound nerdy but its like come on! Just listen for a second!
    Yeah, exactly. Ugh.
    And then (to sound nerdy) they just HAVE to say "UH MISS I DUN NO D ANSWER UHH UR STUPID" or whatever and slow the rest of the class down when we DIRELY need to actually get past the 50th page of the 2ND YEAR book.
    </rant>

I know exactly how you feel!!!!!!!1 And then she asks them a question and they're like 'em........sorry?' trying to be all cute and polite.....well you're not! You're just stupid!!!! And then we have to do everything again!! Bah humbug!!!!!!! :mad:

Yeah!! *bitter angriness*
    And what's the deal with whenever these people get called out to be given out to they give everyone else in the class a dirty look before leaving as if it were THEIR fault that they didn't listen and subsequently know NOTHING!?

I just hate the way our teacher would be in a fun good mood, then they would be all stupid and so would get her in an angry, irritated mood! Its like, you're stupid, we know, but dont ruin our fun because of it!

Boston wrote:
    Yea I'm doing the Big JC this year, very nervious about the hole thing, it like one of the biggest and mostest importantest exams I'll ever sit. My mummy and daddy have promised to bring me to disney land though if I do well, yea.

Ps, anybody know how to factorise yet, it seems so hard, and I need all the help I can get.
    Who wants to play whack-a-troll?

Raphael wrote:
    *wields +3 mace*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Raphael wrote:

Not infront of the kids. meet me behind the bike shed at three.

• Advertisement

O.O!

During class?? You rebel!

Advertisement