Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who else is doing it this year?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I did it in june. All honours subjects, bah. They start lecturing you and doing countdowns from the first day of 3rd year and give you loads of homework to try and scare you. Its all crap. Seripusly, theres no need to study until AT LEAST the mocks, if that.

I started to actually study 4 months before the JC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm in 2nd year, right, and on our first day back we were being told to start studying for the JC NOW! Like, come on, I know its a damn academic school and all, but really, I have another year to even start thinkin about studying. Grrrrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

If they tell you to start studying in second year, they actually expect you to start studying about a year and a half later, because they know you'll only study at the last minute. And if it's weighing on your mind for a whole year you'll become more and more inclined to do it.

(I lie through my hat or whatever that expression is. They told us to that everything we learned in first year was essential and really we should begin preparing for the JC then, but study? Pah! Last minute is the best.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Shoolaboola

im in 3rd yr too and the work is drivin me mad already, not a day goes by without a teacher goin all j.c on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

(I lie through my hat or whatever that expression is

I think it may be teeth....

HAT?!?!?

• Advertisement

does anyone else have at least one idiot in their honours classes that sits a the back making strange noises?
    or a home-ec teacher thats old and crazy?

does anyone else have at least one idiot in their honours classes that sits a the back making strange noises?
    or a home-ec teacher thats old and crazy?
    Those are standard issues in each school. It wouldn't really be a school without it. Although my home ec teachers are all fairly unold and the majority of them aren't crazy... But we have plenty of people making weird noises in all of the classes.
    Raphael wrote:
    I think it may be teeth....

HAT?!?!?
    There's an expression with hat in it!

Somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

talking through his hat ????

That's the one.

Those are standard issues in each school. It wouldn't really be a school without it. Although my home ec teachers are all fairly unold and the majority of them aren't crazy... But we have plenty of people making weird noises in all of the classes.

There's an expression with hat in it!

Somewhere.

i think it's "well i would eat my hat" or something like that. hah i missed double science and home-ec today after lunch

• Advertisement

No, eating one's hat is a different expression.

I didn't miss double science. But I got to make circuits and set things on fire. =D

yeah well there is the downside of being sick and then someone ringing me and waking me up to scream her results down the phone (which by the way were very good)
    right so im new on here will sum1 be my friend? *puppy dog look*

You told me to ring you.

And I had to scream, everyone else was around me.

*looks hurt*

Im sorry, im sick and cranky, and had -8 negative points, plz give me positive ones, love ya

I did. You give me some now

liar, they havent changed at all. im nice im still gonna give you some...

liar, they havent changed at all. im nice im still gonna give you some...

no, you took away 2. now I have 8. Gah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

psst. its me. over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

I'm in 3rd year too. I have like a really confusing mixture of advice. My sister is in college and she's all like, the JC is nothing and don't worry about it. As are my parents. I don't think they would care if I failed everything, they'd probably just sit me down and make me "talk" about why I wanted to fail (i don't but they'd say it was subconcious). And then my year head is putting pressure on us about the MOCKS! I mean if the JC is nothing than surely the mocks are even less important. So I've just decided to not worry about the JC till after Christmas. The happy times before the bad.

I'm in 3rd year too. I have like a really confusing mixture of advice. My sister is in college and she's all like, the JC is nothing and don't worry about it. As are my parents. I don't think they would care if I failed everything, they'd probably just sit me down and make me "talk" about why I wanted to fail (i don't but they'd say it was subconcious). And then my year head is putting pressure on us about the MOCKS! I mean if the JC is nothing than surely the mocks are even less important. So I've just decided to not worry about the JC till after Christmas. The happy times before the bad.

when do your mocks start? mine are january 31st

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

I'm not sure probably then, seen as I remember something about february. I don't know, are you suppose to really study for them? wouldn't it be depressing if you did better in your mocks than your real JC?I'm afraid of that.

Mine are at the end of Januray, methinks. Teachers were getting worked up about how early they are. Are they usually later?

As far as I know the Mocks are harder than the JC or at least marked harder, so whatever you get in them you should at least get in the JC, but of course it's all really variable. Certain things may or may not come up, the likes.

my friend's mocks don't start till May, i think that's way too late!

The mocks? FORGET about them, they're just a practice, to get you used to the layout and timing of the JC papers. No one cares about them, I never bothered studying for them and I got one A a bunch of B's and C's a D and I failed maths. So what? I still stayed in HL classes. The best thing about them is that you get your scripts back and you know exactly what percentage you got but in the JC you don't even know if your A is an A1 or what...y'know? Seriously, don't worry about the mocks. They're there to scare you into studying for the real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭chizzle dizzle

thank god dat feckin junior cert is over nd dat da results r out.what a loud of rubbish da whole thing was.serious!!a whole three years preparing for a test that lasts a whole 2 hours,that makes sence!!i mean even for da leavin cert u only hav 2 years to prepare nd those tests r way more important!da education system is a bit messed up i hav to say!!
    so what did you's al do to celebrate?r any of u's doin transition year?
    xxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Stop with the text talk already!
    *shakes fist and forces chizzle to type properly*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Hmm talking about french i got a whole j/c pass paper for summer test last year and i got 69 percent me very happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Stop with the text talk already!
    *shakes fist and forces chizzle to type properly*

I know a civil servant in Department of Education & Science, and he has said that most fails this year in English were because of people writing in txt tlk! :(

Can't stand it!

The systematic degeneration of the human race...
    Calculators in maths (although with the amount of buttons on those things there's actually a chapter in the honours book on how to use them), txt in english... What's next? I dare not speculate.

• Advertisement

BAH! the oul deputy head decided that all 3rd years have to do midterm exams just to make sure we dont have to be switched to pass classes!
    beeeyotch

Advertisement