Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BG2 Rox

Options
  • 07-10-2000 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I have to say, one of the best buys on a game i have made was on BG2. The first one was class with the Addon not adding enough to it (as in not worth the money to add it on in my opinion smile.gif) but BG2 is unbelievably better, the new character development is cool where in BG1 u got there story/quest and thats the end of there interaction. The longetivity of this game is tremendous. To do nearly every sub-quest and explore every 'n' all is supposed to give you a whopping 250 hours of gameplay! then the allignments change it. The Stronghold quests r a gr8 idea, plus the addition of a Mage/Sorceror Familer. i am only on Chap2 with a Sorceror and a Pseudo Dragon familer (who is a small weedy mephit baisically). Cant wait to play as a Paladin and get a Holy Avenger.....

Gregg

[This message has been edited by Gregg_is_[IAR]Daemon (edited 07-10-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Anyone go into that circus tent in the arena thingie after you get out of the prison at the start? like wtf was that all about?? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Gregg_is_[IAR]Daemon

Yea i got to the first part of the dream sequence, pretty weird. but like the Lawful Good Familer totally suck **** , i was bought in by a Psuedo Dragon cause 'Psuedo' and 'Dragon' but he is the biggest load of ******, he hits for a damage of 1-3, he has the spell Blur and he can knock enemies unconcious very rarely (well 4 me rarely frown.gif). He is a nuisence and i cant Kill him or i lose a Constitution point. only good thing is that he boosts your health. THe Sorceror class is the fúcking best, the amount of power he has is unbelievable. He chooses his spells and then is allowed 3-7 copies of the spell, so if you have Monster Summoning III (which i do) you get 3 copies of it and all you have to do is rest to get them all back, i also have magic missles\chromatic orb\familer\minor spell deflection\haste\monster summoning I and II and III\Spider Spawn\aganazzer scorcher\melf's acid arrow\sleep\knock (very useful)\mirror image and more, then i have 3-7 copies of the spells. Mad craic

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Did you not beat it? If you beat it the gnome explains why.

I'm on chapter 4, wait until you get to the dream sequence level and then it starts getting werid.

when I mean dream sequence, I mean the one where you are actually playing in the level. There are quite a few dream sequences but only one so far I've found that you can interact with.

As for the sorcerer, it's great starting off but gets very limited at later levels because he can't learn new spells. When you start getting cool spells like time stop and limited wish the game gets intresting smile.gif

monster summoning won't do jack on later levels. There is a sub mission where you have to kill a demon and the thing ate 9 fire elementals, 3 ariel spirits, 3 shadows that I summoned.

And that wasn't the worst. smile.gif There was a beholder that cast "Death" and wiped out everyone I had on screen. Got the death spell now but not high enough level to use it. frown.gif

Originally posted by Gregg_is_[IAR]Daemon:
    Yea i got to the first part of the dream sequence, pretty weird. but like the Lawful Good Familer totally suck **** , i was bought in by a Psuedo Dragon cause 'Psuedo' and 'Dragon'

That's what you get for being Lawful Good you law abidiing do-gooder smile.gif dunno what alignment the mage in my lot is, but it ain't LG, and when I tried the Find Familiar option in Athkatla some dudes showed up to tell me to stop casting magic frown.gif Some of them sound worse anyway, like ferrets and stuff.

Reckon i'll side with the other lot so I can start killing them smile.gif

• Advertisement

there are evil only and good only quests. If you play Neutral you get to play them all.

For example, if you end up in underdark (and trust me you can miss 6 levels easily) there is a dragon egg quest where you are disguised as drow (good characters can't play this quest without taking rep drop). I ****ed up the quest halfway though and instead of restarting I had to kill everyone in the town (well not everyone, but my character is a sticker for details. smile.gif )

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Can someone please tell me how to get edwin. Hes the best Mage in the game in case you didnt know.

Edwin isn't the best mage, I actually found Nalia to be a lot better followed by Airaie (who's a cleric/mage).

However you do need Edwin for the Nether Scroll quest (which has a quite funny ending which ****es Edwin off no end smile.gif ).

You will find him on the top floor of Ma'vars guild hall. I think you can only get him if you take Renals quest to infiltrate the guildhall, but like most of the game there are multiple paths to get the same thing, so who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭DaBounca

jasus,im gonna buy this game today

hehe, just came across the Blair Witch Project pi$$take - most amusing smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement