Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddle recommendations

Options
  • 07-09-2004 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭

I badly need a new saddle for my mountain bike. After even a short cycle my current one is causing me all sorts of pains. Anyone got any reccomendations for a confortable and if possible cheap saddle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

don't skimp on the saddle for GOD'S sake. It's got you by the balls. Something which seems initially hard to the touch (by hand) typically provide better saddles. Your saddle is probably too soft, giving you overheating and you're prb. just sinking through it. Names? Selle Italia - never did me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'm still using the orignial saddle that came with my trek :mad:

I heard good things about the selle Italia on bike magic. I'm going in to Dublin to see what I can find. If I get nothing I'm looking at the Trans Am XO on wiggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

My Marin MTB arrived with a WTB Speed V and I liked it so much I bought another one for my road bike. They have the usual centre channel to protect your squishy bits and have really good support. I bought mine new on eBay for £11stg from a shop in the UK - I haven't checked but someone told me wiggle won't mail stuff to Ireland? Anyone know better?

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

My brother got two tires and a cycle trainer from wiggle last year.

I ended up getting a Bioflex Ozone. According to the packaging it provides maximum comfort on longer rides. I'm going for a ride know, hopefully I'll be able to sit down later to give you my impressions. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

how'd it go??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I haven't checked but someone told me wiggle won't mail stuff to Ireland? Anyone know better?

I wanted to buy a saddle from them once (I think it was a WTB one also) but they said they wouldn't deliver to Ireland. I've asked them a few times now in the hope that they might eventually change their mind! It's been a while since I have checked though

KR

• Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i.ve had a rolls on my aluminimium o for years and found it really comfartable tried wtb's titanium flites and nothing matches the rolls definitly no numb bum
    wiggle don't ship to ireland
    if you want bits try www.chainreactioncycles.com free shipping in ireland
    or www.bikedock.com (don't know about their shipping rates though)
    www.settlecycles.co.uk also ship at very reasonable rates also evans cycles can't remember what shipping was like though

Advertisement