Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

American Car Truck and Bike Show

Options
  • 07-09-2004 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi Gents:
    This Sunday September 12th from 11.30am till 6pm Irelands only All American Car Truck and Bike Show in Kilbeggan Co Westmeath (oposite the Race Course).Admission 10 Euro for Adults, Children Free.
    Last year we had over 300 American Vehicles and had a great Day
    Click here for some pics
    So if you have an American Vehicle bring it down(entry free) or if you'd like to see some nostalgia come and see us.

cheers
    joe :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I went to the show last year and can definitely recommend it. Very enjoyable day out. Last year they had lots of seriously sexy muscle cars (incl. a GORGEOUS 1968 Dodge Charger) also land yachts, trucks and a few DeLoreans for good measure :D

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Here you go Brian:

charger.jpg
    cheers

<drool> Look at the hips on that baby :D

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

I prefer this view ;)

DCP_0016.jpg

Hi Gary
    Cannot believe you won't have the mussie with you on sunday. Pat B will have my Mach1 with the new colour ready for the cruise on Saturday :D ha ha ha ha ha ha
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Hey sentenel - i'm well interested in American mussle cars myself and i'm currently looking around for a car to buy from the UK. Can you let me know if anyone exibiting their car at this meeting owns a '77 Pontiac Trans Am? I live in Cork and i'll probably make the journey up at the weekend but it would be the icing on the cake of there was someone at the show thats owns one of these! It'd be really helpful to have a chat about the pitfalls of purchasing one...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

wayhay, Ive got an american bike.. might take a spin up

Hi Duke
    We have a member with a blue 77 trans-am and I'm told he'll be at the show another guy from the North with a 77 is also coming there will be other trans-am's there like this 79 Trans-am

79%20trans%20am.jpg

cheers
    joe
    Rymus come on up if its american bring the bike too ;)

Hope the weather holds up see all there tomorrow
    cheers
    joe

So, who here went to Kilbeggan on Sunday? The weather wasn't too good, it rained a lot of the day. I actually thought there were slightly fewer cars compared to last year, is that right joe. Anyway it was very good show. Thanks to the organisers for putting it on.

PS the field where the cars were must have been pretty wet and mucky by the time the show finished. I hope no-one got stuck and had to be pulled out by the Hummer :)

BrianD3

• Advertisement

Hi Brian,
    Yep the weather was crap but we made the most of it, Our numbers were down on last year on both the the cars and on the public. We had great fun lots of cars we hadn't seen before.Only downer was the accident that happened to my car on the way from the Painters to the show
    Mach1%20damage.JPG
    It never rains but it pours........ :rolleyes:
    Thanks to all who supported the show
    cheers
    joe

Joe,
    That is some nasty damage, what happened. Did some dopey driver not see you in your bright yellow Mach 1 :rolleyes:

Re: the public numbers being down, the weather was probably the biggest factor in this but also there was a lot of other stuff on this weekend that would appeal to car and sports enthusiasts - All Ireland final, RDS motor show, Italian Grand Prix etc.

Two cars that I really liked at this year's show were a Lincoln Capri and a (1960?) DeSoto.

Anyhow, roll on next year!

BrianD3

Here you go Brian,
    Desotto.jpg
    Just for you
    cheers
    joe

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

I was there for a while, weather was terrible, and it certainly looked like numbers were down on last year, certainly the public car park only had about 50 cars when we arrived. There was i thinking how good your mach 1 looked in red.... :o

mach.jpg

Here you go Gary this is what it looked like Friday evening
    mach%20yellow.JPG

cheers
    joe :(

Advertisement