Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Norn Iron Envy of OUR Roads!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

things up north must be really terrible !!! :eek:

the nordies wont like having to pay for stuff for a change :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

I drove from Sligo to Dublin through Enniskillen at the weekend and the road quality in the north was gack. Narrow, uneven and repeatedly patched. I remember 20 years ago that I used think their roads were great. But these days the roads on the republic are much better. The thing we lack now is consistency. Too often you go from great smooth wide roads to narrow bohereens in the space of a few kilometres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Yeah, I drove up to Belfast at the weekend. Roadworks and wierd road layouts that would make road planners down here look good. What in God's name is the story with trying to get onto the "motorway" beside that big B&Q at junction 7 (or whatever the hell it is...)? You take a left on the roundabout, go down the road for a bit, go around another tiny roundabout (which is at the bottom of the slip road - one way to stop people getting up to "motorway" speed).... Jesus, they could have just built a flyover and been done with it.

Advertisement