Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100% BB Coverage

• 07-09-2004 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

It seems that there is now 100% Broadband coverage in NI according to UTV. Is this really true and if so how come they can get it and we still cant?

OHP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

One word: Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Another word, BT

BT entered into a contract last year to provide 100% BB availibility (BY POPULATION) in NI , the rollout will be complete in 2005 , I understand its 78% GEOGRAPHIC coverage .

Eircom will provide 20% GEOGRAPHIC coverage by then with no committment to anything else bar sh1tty VSAT for the other 80%

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Exactly, Eircom aren't committed to provided anything. They honestly don't care. I had to wait 6 months for a phone line because they wouldn't get the finger out and sort out the exchange. We're not even talking about BB (which I still can't get), just a basic phone line in a new area.

Advertisement