Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use modem & DSL together

• 07-09-2004 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I don't know if any of you are interested, but I've just found a nifty little batch file that allows me to use my modem to connect to work via dial-up AND broadband for surfing at the same time. Usually, once you make the dialup connection, Windows uses the dialup default gateway and the DSL connection is useless untill you hang up the DUN connection.

Should I post it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Your employer should get themselves a VPN set up so people can work through broadband connections rather than wasting money on per-minute dialups :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Feel free to post it, no doubt somone will find a use for it sometime. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭SwampThing

Here it is.

If you follow the coments in the file, it basically deletes your routing table, adds the correct routes for any network on the dialup connection and then restores your DSL route table.
    You need to make the dialup connection before running it.

It's genuine - no dodgy trojans, backdoors etc. Not interested in that kinda thing.

I hear what you're saying about VPN - I'm bangingonabout it day and night - some day they'll listen!

Advertisement